"Ameen." That was the only thing she was able to say. "Make yourself at home, dear." and she went off leaving the three of us alone. She looked like she wasn't in the position to attend to us and it was very understandable.

"So where do I go?" I asked Imran. He blinked like I had taken him out of his thoughts. "Oh. I'll take you to the men's side." he said and started walking when Anisa stopped him. "Meet me here after that, Imran." She told him. I looked at Anisa one last time. "Allah Hafiz." I said.

"Allah Hafiz." she replied and it looked like she didn't want me to go. I wanted to stay too but I didn't know what to do so I just went with Imran.

"I'll go from here. I need to inform Usman too so it'll take me a minute. You can go listen to Anisa." I said once we reached halfway. Imran nodded gratefully and walked off. After calling Usman and telling him about the incident, I went inside the room.
It was packed.

I noticed some of dad's workers as well but all I could think of was one thing.

Was Anisa alright? I didn't want her to cry. Or at least I wanted to be there for her when she did.

Anisa's POV:

I was in a battle with myself. I didn't know how to feel. Should I be happy or sad? If I was happy, Allah would not like it. After all, Father's case had already reached Allah's court.

Death was a small day of judgement. People who did bad were held accountable for it in front of Allah. No matter how sad I wanted to feel, I was just outright scared. Terrified.

I was a little irritated too by all those people crying for him. But I wouldn't blame anyone. It wasn't their fault they didn't know anything about my father's dirty deeds. At moments like this, I wished that I never saw what happened that day. I wished I had forgotten everything but instead, that day came to me every night in my nightmares.

I saw Imran returning. He had the same look on his face as Asma Baji's. He was on the verge of tears, I could tell. He came to me and wrapped his arms around me. "Khala." He said. I returned the hug. 

I could feel him crying softly and silently. "He... Passed away." He said through sniffs. That was the first time I saw a man crying in front of me. I tried to console him, despite the fact I was so mentally unstable myself. Even though father never gave Imran even as little as a look of love or affection, Imran was still crying for him.

Father hated him and usually called him "The unfortunate child" . My father was a cruel and selfish man. But, all those people still loved him despite that. Imran loved him. Asma Baji loved him. All his workers loved him. Even Ali, who didn't know him properly, was sad.

But, why was I the only one who wasn't affected by the fact that my own father by blood had just passed away?

But I had a good reason. He was too much of a bad person to be loved. People might think that the worst crime he might've committed was forcing me to get married at a young age. But that wasn't true. Something like wasn't enough for a daughter to despise her father.

Breaking the hug, I rubbed Imran's tears away. "You don't want to go in front of people like that. Just be brave. Everything is alright." I assured him. Even though Imran and I were the same age, I would usually feel as if he was a small kid because of our relationship. I was his aunt and it made me feel that he was sort of my responsibility. Besides, he had always been more immature than me.

He nodded. "Your mother was calling you." I told him. He nodded again and went off. I searched the house for the Ladies side. Finally finding it, I walked inside. The room was huge and it was crowded with people. It was all white. The walls were white and all the women were sitting on the ground which had white sheets spread on it.