Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ]

There are some questions that are being asked and we think there's also some confusion as to how "Talent Search" work, so we're doing this Questions and Answers to hopefully clear most of your doubts.

We'll be doing the Q&A part wise so that it reduces confusion.

Talent Search

Q. Can I enter all the three parts that is, graphic competition, graphic stage and have fun at the party?

A. Yes, you most definitely can. Who's gonna stop you?

PART 1 - Graphic Competition

Q. Can I post my entry in my graphics book?

A. No, you cannot post your entry of a particular round in your graphic book before the results of that round are revealed. You can post it once the results of that particular round is announced. This is to ensure impartial voting. No watermarks should be present either. You must submit all your entries via a downloadable link and you must PM that downloadable link to us [GraphicsNation]. We'd prefer it if it were an imgur, deviantart, tinypic or photobucket link but any downloadable link will do.

Q. What if I cannot submit the graphic in time?

A. As mentioned before, you can ask for an extension of 3 days max but you must give us a heads up of at least one week, which means as soon as we post the prompt, within a day or two, you should inform us if you need an extension. Suppose you haven't asked for an extension and do not meet the deadline, you're disqualified - as simple as that. If you aren't able to submit your graphic before you three day extension period is over, you're disqualified. If you're caught breaking any of the rules, you're disqualified. Simple.

Q. What type of graphics do you accept?

A. Normally, we will inform you what graphic type you need to make for that round, if not, you can choose your own. And yes, we do accept anime and animated themed graphics.

Q. What happens if there's a tie?

A. We dunno. Probably re-open viewer voting and ask the judges to re-judge those entries.

Q. Can I enter if I know how to make covers only?

A. Nope, sorry, you cannot. This is a graphics competition and not a cover or banner competition. You will need to know to make most graphics. We make ask you to make a picspam as well somewhere in some round. If you have any doubts on how to make some graphic though, you can always PM us and we'll help you out. That's not a problem at all. :)

Q. Are the contestants allowed to vote?

A. Obviously. BUT the contestants cannot vote for themselves. Why would they want to anyway?

Q. Can I turn my graphic into a pre-made? Also, is it okay if the graphic is not new?

A. The answer is yes, you can turn your graphic into a pre-made. Else what are you planning to do with it? Also, yes, it is okay if your graphic isn't new as long as it fits the prompt, your watermark isn't there and follows all the rules. If that graphic is in your graphics book, you must unpublish the chapter immediately once you enter the graphic else it violates a rule as you're not allowed to post the graphic you're entering for that round in your graphics book till the results of that particular round is announced.

Q. How will our entries be judged?

A. Good question. We will break down the point system for you:

3.0% - Originality/Creativity

1.5% - Text Placement/Colour Scheme/Font

1.5% - Composition

2.0% - Connection to the Prompt

2.0% - Overall Presentation

Total Points - 10

So, each graphic will be rewarded points between 1 - 10.

Also, the points will NOT be refreshed each round but will instead carry through. So suppose A has got 3/10 points in Round 1 and has got 7/10 points in Round 2, then at the start of Round 3, A has 10/20 points.

PART 2 - Graphic Stage

Q. What is Graphic Stage?

A. Many of you may have taken part in many awards right? Like "The Shine Awards," "The Teen Fiction Awards," "The Fiction Awards" to name a few. "Graphic Stage" is just like them but only for graphics. You can enter a graphic of that category through an inline comment against that category.

Q. How does Graphic Stage work?

A. The deadline is somewhere between end June and mid July so once the deadline is over, we will go through each and every entry and select the top 25 entries from among all categories combined. From then on, we will post 5 graphics together of different categories each day where the viewers will decide which three graphics go ahead to the next round and which two will be eliminated. It will be kinda like graphic play offs!

More info on this will be revealed soon!

Q. Do I need or have to know or have to have made all the graphics listed?

A. Absolutely not. It's definitely okay if you make just covers or just banners. You can enter the graphics that YOU know how to make.

Q. Is there a limit as to how many entries we can enter?

A. None, absolutely completely none. Go crazy! ;)

Q. Can we nominate another graphic designer's graphic?

A. Yes, you can but just make sure you tag them so that they know their graphic is being nominated. If they don't want their entry to be nominated, they can withdraw their entry. Please make sure you tell them this when you nominate their entry and tag them.  

Q. Can we enter previous contest entries and pre-mades?

A. Yup!

Q. When is the deadline?

A. It's not decided yet but somewhere between end June and mid-July depending on the number of entries.

PART 3 - PARTAYY!!!

Q. How do you party?

A. *sighs* We dunno. The fun way which don't involve illegal stuff?

Have we missed out on a question? Do you have a question(s) that hasn't been answered? Do you still have some doubts? Are you confused about something related to "Talent Search?"

Please comment them and we will answer them as soon as possible.