She growled at me once again and I took a step away from her, scared that it may be an actually wolf and not a werewolf. I wasn’t sure of the differences. She walked behind a tree and then came out as a human. My heart skipped a beat and I couldn’t help but let out a cheer in my head. She was a werewolf like me!

            “Go shift!” She snarled, clearly full of rage.

            I did as she commanded and changed back into my clothes from before. I appeared out from behind the trees to get a deadly stare from her. She was a beautiful, flawless girl who looked to in her mid-twenties or so.

            “I suggest you get off this territory, rogue.” She demanded.

            I stared at her with confusion. What did I do to her to make her already hate me? And what did she mean by calling me a rogue? What was that?

            “What are you talking about?” I asked.

            “This is restricted territory and you can’t be here. Now I’ll go get the Alpha if you want.” She suggested.

            “What is a rogue and an Alpha?” I asked, trying to take in the new words.

            “God, you’re annoyingly ignorant. Who the hell are you anyway? There aren’t white wolves around here.” She spat.

            “I’m from Europe. I really don’t know what you are talking about. Please, I just shifted into a wolf the other night and am looking for answers. I don’t know why this is happening to me.” I explained, hating how stupid I sounded.

            She rolled her eyes and said, “Forget it, you aren’t even that important to mention to the Alpha. Just get off this territory before I kill you.” She snapped.

            “Please, I need some answers. You’re the first werewolf I’ve seen.” I begged.

            “Get out of here now, you filthy rogue.” She said angrily, crossing her arms. I still didn’t know what that word meant but I was guessing it wasn’t something good.

            I turned to leave when she said, “Wait, what’s in the bag?”

            “Money.” I replied, afraid to lie to her.

            “Give me it.” She demanded, her eyes turning black.

            I tossed it over to her, fear forcing its way up, making my hands tremble. She gestured for me to leave and that’s when I took off running away from her. Were all werewolves that way? Now, I truly had nothing but the clothes on my back. What was I supposed to do now? What if I never found any answers and died from starvation or something? Tears lingered in my eyes but I refused to cry.

            I wanted to get as far away from that woman as I could, afraid she would change her mind and hurt me. My mind was in so many places that I couldn’t think straight. America wasn’t good at giving first impressions I guess, because this was horrific. I wondered what a rogue and alpha were. They were words that I never had heard before. Maybe it was an American word that I had never learned.

            My stomach growled but I ignored the thought and tried to think of getting help and what my plan was going to be. Where was my wolf when I needed her? Oh that’s right, she got mad at me because I didn’t know much and refused to help me.

            Hey! This is all for your own well being. You need to learn to fend for yourself and not always do what Mommy and Daddy say. I’m helping you by making you help yourself and yes, I heard everything you said about me.