The Nerd

Alexa's POV:

''Crap, I'm gonna be late for school!'' I cant ruin my perfect attendance. Two years ago I could've care less if I was late for class, but it'll draw to much attention to me and I worked to hard to be the invisible nerd. I rush to get dressed in baggy gray sweat pants and a plain long sleeve shirt and ran out of the house.

I park my rusty worn out jeep in the parking lot outside the school. I grab my bag and run to my locker. After I get my books from my locker I turn around and started to speed walk to my next class, which is on the other end of school. As I turn the corner of the hall way I run into what felt like a brick wall. Before I could fall on my butt two arms grab my waist and held me up straight. I look up to two amazingly perfect blue eyes. Then I realized who they belong to....my bad boy neighbor Chase. Ugh.

I pull back and mutter a ''Thank you.'' and run off. I hear him call out to me saying ''Hey wait!'' But I kept going straight to my class which mind you  I'm already late for.

I step in to class and everyone looks at me. Mr. Smith whispered ''Here's your detention slip.''

I hear some whispers but ignore them as I grab it and sat down in the back of the class in one of the empty seats. Five minutes later Chase walks in with a smirk on his face until his eyes land on me, there was curiosity in his eyes. He walks to the back of class and sits next to me in the only other empty desk in the room. He looks over at me and says

''Guess the goody two shoes has her first detention.'' Everybody starts to laugh at his comment. I smirked

He whispers under his breath and said ''Sorry about making you late.''

''Its fine.'' I whispered in a shocked tone.

Chase POV:

I woke up to my dog licking my face. Ugh. I roll over and realized it was Monday and I have school. I considered skipping but I really don't want to sit at home all day. I jumped out of bed and hopped in a quick shower. I threw on my normal clothes. A white tee, jeans, and my leather jacket.  I hopped on my bike. And sped off towards school.

I got to school and parked my bike in the front of the parking lot. I walk in going to my locker to get my book. All of a sudden I run into a girl while turning the corner. I caught her before she fell over and she looked up at me. She looks familiar. I know her from somewhere and I cant put my finger on where I've seen her from.

She mutters ''Thank you.'' then runs off.

Really confused I call out to her. ''Hey wait!'' But she kept on running to class.

I go grab my books and walk to class. five minutes later I entered the room and looked around with a smirk on my face and spot her. I want to figure her out. I sit next to her and realized I was staring so being my typical self I joked.

''Guess the goody two shoes has her first detention.'' The entire class laughs and even she smirked. Which confused me even more.

She caught me off guard and I did something I never thought I would ever do. I apologized. ''Sorry about making you late.''

''Its fine.'' She whispered and sounded shocked at my apology.

Alexa's POV:

After sitting threw three periods of boring classes I head to lunch when I hear my best and only friend Abby yell at me from across the hall. She ran over and tackled  me in a bear hug.

''Where the hell were you this morning, Are the rumors true about you going bad?'' She yelled at me.

''First off I woke up late and made it to class 3 minutes after it started. All I got was a detention, which is not a big deal.'' I said while laughing.

She slumped her shoulder while trying to hide the fact she's kinda disappointed. One thing you should know about Abby is she knows every bit of juicy gossip and cant keep a secret for more than ten minutes before the entire school knows. That's partly why I didn't tell her my secret.

We head to lunch and got in line to buy food. I got a burger and fries. I know its not what most girls would eat but im not like most girls. I find the fact girls only drink water and eat salad repulsing. We sat at our usual table in the back. That's when the queen bitch, Ashley walked over with her three minions Britney, Lindsey, and Amber following right behind her.

Ashley decided to pick on me today. I sighed as she walked up to me.

''I heard that someone is turning bad.'' She snarled

With a bit of an attitude I replied ''Whats it to you?''

''Well I just wanted to remind you not to cross me. Just because you did something wrong and got a detention don't start to think your bad.''

I started laughing in her face. I didn't care if I dropped the whole nerd act. This girl really pisses me off. By now most of the lunch room was quiet, listing to our conversation.

Still laughing I said ''I can do whatever the hell I want I'm not gonna listen to a plastic barbie wannabe like you.''

To be continued...