Chapter 1: challenge

I, Kimeraretaon Mesagi, am a Blazer. You can say that these sort of people are practically one in a thousand, and since the population of Earth is around 7 billion, that would mean around 7 million people with Blazers exist.

Yeah. Sounds far fetched, but yeah. That's life.

I stopped jotting down those words into my notebook...well, a diary, more like.
"We're here," the taxi driver said. I gave him the money I needed to pay.
"Thank you," I said, smiling brightly. As I got out of the taxi and grabbed my stuff from the...thingie were we put our stuff.

Yes, I do not know the name. I still need some language improvements, I think. Anyway, the driver just went away.

I sighed a bit as I grabbed my luggage and went towards the destination I was supposed to go.

Time skip

"Seriously?!" I yelled out, a hand on my face. I went to the dorm and when I checked my dorm, I saw a girl wearing nothing but underwear.

I had to grab all my stuff and ran towards the Director's Office. How you may ask? Simple. Pure instinct...I think.

"Yep. You and-" the Director's words were cut off by a knock as the same girl I saw came in. Now that she's dressed, I can see her clearly.

She had grey eyes, almost seemingly glassy, and her hair was silvery-grey, and she had a frown on her face when she saw me.

I raised my hands in defeat, before she suddenly summoned her sword and it nearly sliced my neck. Her sword was just like the typical sword you see, completely straight, and the blade was grey-ish but was shining under the light. "Okay, before I get killed by a stranger, who are you?" I asked, panic.

At that time, I thought of my dad. How nice would it be if I died? Maybe I can meet him again....nah. that wouldn't work.

She seemed to be hesitating before she put her sword away from my neck.
"I am Anne Venti," she introduced herself, her sword's tip touching the floor.

'I don't like where this is going,' I thought, gulping as she stared at me, as if waiting for me to say something, I think.

You can say people call me a dense idiot. I don't get why people would stare at me after they introduced themselves, until someone just told me to do so, or the one who introduced itself tells me to introduce, the latter being worse than the first.

"Are you about to introduce yourself?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at me, which made me back away and tripped over my own robe.

Did I forgot to mention I'm also picky with clothes? And I tend to trip a lot with those clothes. Even jeans, too. Please don't ask why. Better yet, how.

I saw her stifle a laugh and I mustered a frown, even though I felt my cheeks slightly red as I sighed.

"Kimeraretaon Mesagi. Just call me Mesagi," I introduced myself, standing up. "Mesagi?" She repeated, before she stifled a laugh again.

"What?" I asked, raising an eyebrow in confusion. "Mesagi...sounds like saying message," she said, still trying to stifle her laugh.

I blushed even more, sighing.

Y'see, I was named Mesagi because I was born during the same time when people started using SMS. It's kinda dumb, and bums me out.

"Well then, why are you here?" I asked, standing up, and she then glared at me, and I raised my hand again.

"Fight me," she said, and I blinked. 'I gotta fight a girl?! Wait, but she might be a strong girl. She's way stronger than me? If that's the case,' I thought.

"Okay then," the Director suddenly butted in, and I looked at her, my mouth a gape in shock.

"The winner can do anything it wants to the loser," Anne continued from the Director's words, and it felt as if a giant rock hit my head, before I sighed.

"I accept the terms and conditions," I said gloomily, and she smiled in an evil way before she left, closing the door with a loud 'bang'.

"Who was she? Really?" I asked the Director, looking at her. "Her? She's Anne Venti, pretty much the daughter of a strong Blazer," the Director replied, and it felt like 5 blocks of rock fell onto my head.

"WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?"