Chapter 9

Alessranda POV

     I froze not knowing what to do or say. Jon stood in front of me, and Elyse stood there smiling.

   "Aless, you never told me that you have a boyfriend." She said looking between us.

   "I don't. I'm not even allowed to talk to him."

   "Yeah. I'm stupid, I shouldn't have come." Jon said turning around to leave.

   "Jon wait. Maybe since you've here we can actually have a conversation without Colby watching us." I suggested. He turned slightly toward me and smiled.

   "Yeah. That'd be nice." He said.

   "Jon do you need a place to stay?" Elyse asked.

   "Yeah, but I can get a hotel room."

   "Non sense. You can stay here. Follow me." She walked past me and mouthed "He's cute" to me. I blushed. Jon followed Elyse.

    I walked into the guest room to finish getting ready. I changed from my sweatpants into skinny jeans. I pulled on a t shirt and a zip up Shield jacket. I put on my Black Vans. I pulled my hair up and walked into the living room.

   I heard Jon, Nathin, and Elyse talking so I hid to hear their conversation without them know I'm there.

   "So are you and Aless a thing?" Elyse asked.

   "No we're not allowed to be. Colby thinks I'm not good enough for her." Jon said.

   "I know the feel. Colby did the exact thing to Aless and I." Nathin added.

   "Maybe if you let him warm up to the idea, he'd be okay with it." Elyse said.

   "Already tried it. He's dead set on us not being together. I guess I could see where he's coming from. I wouldn't want my sister dating a guy like me." Jon said sighing.

   "You're different for Aless. She always dated stuck up guys who only cared about themselves. No offense Nathin. You're the only guy who's given her attention." Elyse said.

   "Well I've only been able to care for other people, never was able to care about myself. I'm so used to giving other people attention more than myself. Always punished for it." Jon said.

   "Why?" Elyse asked. I figured now was a good time to come out.

    I walked down the stairs and they immediately stopped talking.

   "What?" I asked.

   "Nothing." They said at the same time. I gave them all suspicious looks.

   "I like your jacket." Jon said smirking. I looked down forgetting I was wearing a Shield jacket.

   "I bet you do." I said walking and sitting down in between Elyse and Jon. Elyse nudged me with her shoulder making me fall into Jon. I shot her a death glare. She made a heart with her hands around us.

   "Um Aless?" Jon said.

   "Yeah?"

   "You're still laying on me."

   "Oh right sorry." I said getting up and brushing off my jacket.

   "Weren't you guys going to have a conversation?" Elyse asked probably hoping to listen in on it.

   "Yup. C'mon Jon." I said standing up and offering my hand. He gladly took it.

   "Goodbye Elyse. Bye Nathin." I said walking to the door.

   "Where are you going?" Elyse asked.

   "None of your business." I said opening the door. We stepped out.

   "Where are we going?" Jon asked.

   "On a walk. Pretty much everything is walking distance. So we are going to walk." I said. He nodded his head. We walked in silence neither of us not sure of what to say.

     Jon POV

       She knew exactly where she was going. I on the other hand was confused. We weren't talking at all, so I decided to grab her hand. I intertwined our fingers together. She looked down at our hands and smiled.

   Yeah this girl is perfect.

       I hope you liked this chapter. I rewrote it a lot. Alsoo you should check out my sequel to Love in the Arena. I need reads on it.

    Vote.

    Comment.

    That'd be grand.

    -Baylee<3