01

Last year in 1958 is when I had moved to Castle Rock, Oregon from New York

Last year in 1958 is when I had moved to Castle Rock, Oregon from New York.  My teenage sister and I weren't to fond of the idea but we had no other choice. The first day I had moved I became good friends with a group of four boys, and I was close friends with them by now. 

Labor day weekend, also known as the last few days of summer until junior high school. I had been in the tree house with Gordie, Chris, and Teddy for awhile now and all they had done was play cards. I was bored out of my mind because they never wanted to play poker because I was damn good at it so they knew I would beat them. The tune Rockin' Robin was on as they played.

Chris picked up a card and arranged it in place " Hey, how do you know if a french man has been in your backyard? " He asked.

" Hey I'm french, okay? " Teddy glared at him dead serious.

" Your garbage cans are empty and your dog's pregnant " Chris and Gordie laughed looking towards one another.

" What the hell is that supposed to mean? " I asked 

" It doesn't matter Sandy because I just said I was french, I did say I was french right? " Teddy told Chris.

Chris knocked on the little wooden crate we used as a table, " I knock "

" Shit " Teddy mumbled with a cigarette in his mouth.

" 29 " Chris placed down his cards,

Then Teddy, " 22 " 

" Piss up a rope! " Gordie slammed his hand on the table and sat back to read a comic the other two laughed.

" Oh come on guys, I'm bored can we do something else now? " I asked.

" You're always bored Sandy! " Teddy looked at me as if I had said that everyday, which I did so I guess it was fair.

" Well maybe if we did something else I wouldn't be " I replied. 

All  of the sudden a knock came from under the table.

" That's not the secret knock, " Gordie said just when me and Teddy were about to start in. Chris took the cigarette out of his mouth and listened closely to the voice.

" I forget the secret knock, let me in " It was Vern.

" Vern " we all said. 

" Come on you guys little me in " he whined. 

" Hold your horses Vern! " I told him.

  I moved the table so the little door could open,  

"Oh man guys you're not gonna believe this! It's so boss, wait until you hear this, you won't believe this, it's so unlivable, hold on let me catch my breath, I ran all the way from my house. " He gasped putting his hand on his knee. Chris gave us a look,

We began to sing " I ran all the way home, just to say I'm sorry " Vern complained some more in the background until he began again. 

" Okay forget it, I don't have to tell you nothin "

" Wait, wait guys, what is it? " I put my hand up so the back of it faced the guys and they stopped.

" Ok great, you won't believe this sincerely " 

And we all started up again, " I ran all the way home " we sang over.

" Screw you guys, " Vern gave up.

" Okay, okay what is it Vern? " I smiled because it was fun messing with ol' Verno.

" Can you guys camp out tonight? I mean if you tell your folks you're gonna tent out in my back field " he asked.

" Yeah I think so, my dad's kinda on mean street, you know he's been drinkin a lot lately " Chris shuffled the cards and dealt them to Teddy.

" You got to man! Sincerely, how bout you Gordie? "

" Yeah probably " Gordie sounded un-amused.

" What about you Sandy! " 

" Maybe, my mom doesn't really like me campin out " 

" So what are you pissin and moaning about Verno? " Teddy continued to play cards.

" I knock " Chris said for a second time.

" What?! You liar you didn't deal yourself no pat hand " I could tell they had forgotten all about what Vern was gonna say by then but I hadn't I wanted to hear what he had to say. Vern looked down because he had realized it too but then looked back up. 

" You guys wanna go see a dead body? " The three boys stopped what they were doing and looked at Vern and I knew right then and there that I was gonna have to let my mother let me go to " Vern's backfield to camp out " Because I didn't wanna miss out.

***

Hello! This is the second book on this account and I will continue when the book has 50 reads overall :) hopefully you enjoyed and yes I know it's exactly like Stand By Me except for a couple of lines Sandy said, but I promise it won't be exactly the same I promise.