Chapter 11

A/N: YAYYY ANOTHER UPDATE. PLEASE VOTE AND LEAVE A COMMENT AS YOUR COMMENTS MAKE ME SUPER HAPPY. I didn't proofread this chapter, so please don't kill me for any grammar mistakes or typos.

Anders with a dog. I can't decide which one is cuter—>

Blaine's POV

    I try to act all nonchalant when Anders comes home even though deep down I'm a wreck. I'm scared that he will go all ballistic and eat me, but I also don't want to apologise because I know what Ethan did to Riley during the party was not right. Ugh, why can't this guy just admit that he was wrong?

    My body goes tense as I hear Anders' approaching footsteps. It's very difficult to keep myself seated on the couch, considering that my first instinct when I'm trapped in the same room with a were is to bolt out of the room. It takes all of my willpower not to scream when Anders puts his hand on my shoulder.

    "Hello, lo—"

    "Please don't eat me!" I shriek pathetically before Anders can even finish his sentence. So much for being calm and nonchalant.

    Anders chuckles, but he stops and gives me a long stare once he realises that I'm genuinely petrified. "What's the matter with you?" He asks gently while caressing the side of my face, making me even more scared.

    "Oh stop all the pretence, Anders! Just because you hid your true nature so well in the beginning, it doesn't make me forget about it. I made you angry this morning, and I know how violent weres can be when they're angry. I know that there's nothing that can stop you from punching me into a bloody pulp right now." Trying to sound brave is so hard, especially when you're quivering like a leave.

    "You're right. You start to really annoy me with all of this absolute nonsense about weres' true nature.  You don't know a thing about us to make hasty judgments," Anders answers dryly as he tightens his hold on my shoulder. He smirks wolfishly when he sees me flinch away from his grip helplessly, "Exhibit number one, if you knew weres as much as you claim, you would know that a were's mate is their anchor. They can stop a were from going mad. So even though your inaccurate remarks about weres really tick me off, your presence alone calms me down significantly."

    Huh. What an interesting piece of information. I thought weres have the upper hand on this weird mating thing, but it turns out their mates have some power over them. Even though I don't understand how keeping a were sane can be beneficial for us.

    "Wait. What we have now is just temporary. We're not real mates. So logically, I don't have the power to calm you down." I ask in confusion. How come I can be an anchor for a powerful were like Anders when we're only fake mates?

    Anders gives me a long stare likeI'm a lost cause. "You're such a dense boy, aren't you?"

    "Um excuse me? I was the valedictorian in my high school graduation." I exclaim indignantly, offended by his comment about my intelligence. It is a sensitive topic for me since not only weres have superior physical ability, they also are generally more intelligent than humans. Ugh, why do they have to be perfect?

    "It doesn't matter. You're still my anchor even though you're only my temporary mate," Anders smirks as he says the last words, "You make me want to channel my anger and frustration in a different way."

    "What do you mean?"

    "Let's just say that I only want to wreck a particular body part of yours." He answers huskily.

    "I don't understand," I tilt my head in confusion, "Do you want to punch my face only or something?"   

    Anders lets out a deep sigh and shakes his head, "What did I do to deserve such a dense mate." He mutters under his breath.