Us and the fire

Welcome back everyone, since your reading chapter two of my life story, I guess that means you want to hear more about me. So I'm going to tell you about my 8 year old self.

   One early morning, my mother woke me up at around 4:35 AM. She said it was an emergency and that we needed to leave the house immediately. This is how it happened.
   "JUNE! JUNE! WAKE UP! WE NEED TO LEAVE NOW. DON'T ASK WHY. I'LL TELL MORE IN THE CAR!!" And with that I was out of my comfy bright green bed.
   I packed all of my favorite and important things that were in my room, while my mom packed a ton of food. It smelt like something was burning. I looked all around me until I saw it. The complete left side of the house was on fire. I started panicking.
   My mom yelled at me and told me to grab my stuff because we were leaving the inside of the house. Once we were in the car, she explained every thing.
   "Honey, I know you probably asking yourself how the house is in fire. I am too. The smell woke me up at 4:15. I realized the house was on fire and tried to stop it but I realized that I couldn't, I called 911. The fire department said the would be here in 10 minutes."
   For some reason, I remembered that I had forgotten something very important, my dads favorite T-shirt. I told my mom, she said I couldn't go back in and that the firefighters might be able to get it. Luckily we stayed in the driveway until the firefighters arrived. But I was so mad at her that when she was looking at her phone, I snuck out of the car. I New I was going to get that shirt. It was the last materialized thing I had related with my dad.
   I checked to make sure she wasn't looking when I went in the house. The first thing I saw was ashes, loads and loads of ashes. Through all of the smoke, I found my way to my room. I opened the door and somehow it was the only room that wasn't intoxicated with smoke. So it was easy to find the shirt, I put it over mine and got out of my room. But that's the farthest I got.
   I was trapped, I couldn't leave the hallway because the fire grew larger and larger. Coming towards me like it wanted to eat me up. I screamed and screamed.
   I heard a door open, which was the front. I saw blurry men in big yellow suits. I started to loose my vision. I think they saw me, because I could hear fast running in my direction. I felt myself falling, falling, falling.
   I woke up in a hospital bed. I was wondering why I was there. I saw bundles of people huddled around me. My mom was the first I recognized.
Then I heard the beeping of the monitor. And asked "Why am I here?"
"Well honey, when we had the fire at the house, you ran inside to find your dads shirt. And before you could make it out, you fainted and became unconscious from inhaling to much smoke." My mom replied.
"How long have I been here?"
"About 3 days, but now that your awake, they will run some test, and if they have good results, then we can go to our new home."
A question pondered around in my head the whole time my mom was talking.
"Well, what happened to our old house?"
"I'm sorry to say, but it is burnt down to ashes."
And with that, I cried. My mom came to comfort me. That house was were I grew up. I had my first sleep over, first tea party, first everything. All until my first house fire.

Thanks for reading, I'll try to post a new chapter this weekend. I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter.