Evolving

Trainers seem to think that evolving is just simple. We train and train and then we just magically change forms. It's not like that at all.
I was just a cute little eevee, until my trainer decided that they wanted a vaporeon instead. They gave me the stone and felt myself instantly changing.
My bones stretched and stretched, breaking through my skin. My focus changed completely once I felt bones tearing through my back, making the scales that poke through the back. My skin began to become rough and ridged, eventually turning blue. My fur was now nonexistent, it was just scales that poked through my skin.
I felt a splitting pain coming from the top of my head. There was a large fin-like spike growing from my head, tearing through my skin just like a knife going through a human's body.
I shrieked as I felt the spikes coming from my neck. They sliced straight through the skin, barley giving me a moment to think. My ears stretched and stretched painfully, turning into finds on both sides of my head. My tail suddenly burst in two, and stretched out.
I collapsed on the ground, my body feeling numb and damaged.
"My eevee evolved into a vaporeon!" My trained cheered in excitement. If only they could understand what they are doing to us...