Chapter 5

Look out for the words: omniscient and gratuitous.

You curled up in the bed with heavy breaths as the scene replayed over in your head again and again. Your mind raced with thoughts as you tried reasoning out what happened.

You weren't in control. The suit used your anger against you. That was the most probable answer, yet your mind tugged and argued that wasn't all.

Tears brimmed your eyes as you buried your face into the pillow you held in your arms. Your heart ached and wrenched in pain while you sobbed into the soft fabric. "I didn't mean it!"

After a moment of fighting with yourself, a knock came at the door. It creaked open as blonde hair peeked between the crack. The girl stepped in with sorrow in her eyes as she moved over to you. "Y/n?"

"Go away, Violet," you breathed out, voice cracking with the words. "I don't want to see anyone."

The girl sat in the bed with a quiet sigh as she reached over and pulled you into a hug. "Now that's a lie. You've been acting different lately, and everyone has noticed. I'm not an omniscient person, but I can tell when something is wrong."

"I haven't been acting different at all. Everything is completely normal. Just peachy!" you hissed.

The light blonde blinked in surprise at you tone. Her face fell a moment after as she gently shook her head. "Y/n. Please, tell me what's wrong. I can keep your secret. No need for this gratuitous behavior."

You abruptly stood from the bed, narrowing your eyes at the girl with clenched teeth. "I told you that everything is fine and that I didn't want to see anyone! Get out!"

"Alright!" she yelped as she shot off the bed and towards the door, confused by your sudden outburst. She rushed out the door, pausing for a brief moment to turn back to you before taking off.

You made a frustrated sound as you turned and kicked the wall. You banged your hands against the painted/wallpapered barrier with such vigor. "Damn it all!"

In your fit of rage, your hand broke through the plaster of the wall. You immediately stopped to stare at your no longer visible hand. You clenched your teeth as you yanked your fist out from the wall, a gaping hole where your hand use to reside. You stepped away from the breakable material and just plopped onto the floor, tears rolling down your s/c cheeks.

Your hands moved up to your face as a cry left your lips. Burying your damp face into your palms,  you failed to notice an object rolling towards you. It bumped against your side after it finally reached you. You moved your gaze to the round object, chest heavy as tears still dripped down your cheeks.

In confusion, you shifted slightly as your hand moved to the tiny object. You plucked it from the ground with a frown etching itself onto your features. It was a rubber ball, much like the one Violet had give to you before.

A finger trailed over the surprisingly smooth surface as your took in the details of the ball. Your breath hitched as you noticed the same design in the ball that was on the suit you wore when your attacked Becky.

In fear, you hurled the ball across the room with a shrill shriek, tears flowing down heavier than before. Your heart raced as your head began to thud in pain. You fingers reached up and entwined themselves into your h/l locks. A choked gasp left your lips as the ball bounced around the room, eventually rolling back to you.

"Leave me alone!" you screamed at the object, wheezing and chocking on your tears. "I don't want this! Leave me alone!"

The ball, being an inanimate object with no capability of hearing or obeying orders, stayed still on the ground. Unmoving. Frozen in time. Mocking you. 

You brought your knees up to your chest as uncontrollable sobs shook and rattle your weak body. "Please. Just stop this. I didn't mean to."

You spent what felt like an eternity sitting on the floor, huddled over yourself. When you finally lifted your head, the sun shined orange into the run, as if it was either setting or rising. You achingly stood up, heading over to your window with sniffles racking your body every now and then.

Gazing at the sun, you narrowed your eyes in confusion. You waited for a few more moments, just watching. Your breathing picked up as you stumbled backwards, tripping over your feet and landing onto your butt.

The sun continued it's slow pace as it inched further up into the sky, casting a lighter glow with every minute passing by.

Your eyes wildly scanned the room, noticing it wasn't the disaster you made during your fits of anger. You scrambled back to your feet, eyes searching. After a moment of fully scanning the room, you slammed your palm against your cheek, hard. You winced at the pain, tears springing into your eyes. There was no hole.

The room was clean. Neat, even. You raced over to your bed, yanking the object away with your breathing growing heavy. You tore through the door on the ground, tumbling down the stairs in a panic. Once your foot hit the bottom step, your swerved to the meta box and snapped the hinges off, staring inside the gray box.

You took in s harp intake of air as you collapsed to your knees,. All three picture frames were perched on the bottom of the box, all the unharmed and perfectly intact. It was if they weren't touched at all, with dust slowly collecting near them.

Your arms slumped as you stared at the impossible. Your mind swirled and dodged, aching your mind even more. You didn't want to accept the truth. It had to be another dream. This couldn't be real. You refused to acknowledge it.

But you simply couldn't dodge the truth.

And the truth was, you had traveled back in time. You were being given a second chance.
-
Back at it again with the fuckery