Chapter Eighteen: Investigations and Discoveries

Needless to say, once Sherlock had admitted his feelings to you he avoided you like the plague for the rest of the week. During this time, he would send John down to your flat to ask questions about Jim when you'd known him at school. It was evident that he couldn't face you. And in all honesty, a part of you was glad. Glad that Sherlock Holmes was allowing you time to piece together what was happening in your hectic life.

John looked down once again at the lad of paper in front of him, the pen resting against the page but not quite making a mark. He rubbed his eyes for what seemed to be the third time in the space of ten minutes. Hardly surprising, as Sherlock has sent him down to interrogate you at eight in the morning.

"Hang on, let me get this straight. You had recently started at a new school because of your parent's jobs and that they needed to be closer to where they worked." You nodded to confirm this but your eyes where staring off elsewhere.
"So you joined a new school, were appalled by the way everyone bullied this one boy and decided to help."
"Yes! I've told you this at least five times, I'm just telling you stuff you already know."

John sighed but put down the notebook.
"I know but Sherlock needs every last bit of information. If we don't get everything then Moriarty will have the advantage." This was the last straw. You stood up quickly, sending the notepad and pen sprawling on the floor.

"You think I don't know that! I'm not an idiot John, I know we need as much information as possible but I've told you all I know. And I don't give a flying fluff (this is a swear free zone) as to what Sherlock says. If he so badly wanted me to talk he could have asked me himself instead of sending you to do the talking for him."

You finished your outburst and tried to catch your breath again, slumping back down in the chair. John raised an eyebrow but didn't comment. Only when he was sure that you'd calmed down did he address the situation at hand.

"What happened between you two?" He started, frowning at the carpet. "Sherlock has been quiet all week which is nothing like him at all. He was fine before he spoke to you but afterwards he seemed...I don't know...reserved? What did you talk about?" You scowled but decided John probably deserved to know.

"He was asking how I was, um...the fact that I confuse him or something. I'm still not 100% sure what he meant by that but it makes more sense know." John subconsciously leant forwards on his hand, waiting for you to continue.

"He said he likes me." You blurted but then clapped a hand over your mouth. You hadn't meant to tell him so abruptly. John didn't say anything for quite some time. He appeared to be mulling over what you'd said, as though he was fitting together pieces of a jigsaw puzzle that you hadn't even been aware existed.

"Well," he began after several minutes of hard thought, "it does explain certain things that I couldn't quite understand before."

"Hmm? What kinds of things?" You were a bit confused by what John meant as you hadn't seen anything out do the ordinary. John smirked and bent down to retrieve the fallen items. He sat up again still smiling.

"I pretty much guessed by watching how he talks to you. Usually, Sherlock will ignore anyone not worth his time, unless of course they have an interesting case but that's not the point. When he talks to you he seems to relax and enjoy himself." You began to protest but he held up his hand for silence.

"I know what you're gonna say. You're going to point out that Sherlock could've meant it in a friendly way but it doesn't seem likely. He listens to you, enjoys arguing with you and in all honesty I'd be surprised if he wasn't head over heels for you. So, the question remains. How do you feel about him?"

John left a few minutes latet to give you a chance to think things over. You'd never really thought about dating someone. But now suddenly you had to decide how you felt about a man who investigated murders for fun.

You sighed. Would your life ever be simple? Or would you be constantly finding yourself in the middle of drama?

You stood up and opened to for quietly. It was time to tell Sherlock what you'd decided.

I'M SORRY THIS IS SO LATE BUT MY IPAD HAS FOOKED UP (it's fixed now) SO I'M HAVING TO UPDATE THIS ON MY PHONE PLEASE FORGIVE ME. Plus I know this chapter is really short but it's surprisingly difficult to write out more than 1000 words on a tiny little device. I imagine there are some awful typos but oh well.
Baiii-L

~edit~ I finished this a few days ago but my phone wouldn't let me update so yeah. Sorry once again, I know I'm just a ball of excuses but there's not much I can do about that 😅