3

I snarled with anger. There were scratches all over my face. Another fight with the others. I changed into my wolf form. I had glistening white fur but today it was covered with dried mud and grass. My attacker changed too. He growled and snapped at me. Great, I love mornings. I pounced on him causing him to jump back but he got the better of me. He jumped on my back going for my neck. He managed to pull away some fur from my skin. Now this got me really mad.

I thrust him off my back but he landed on his feet. I barked at him and snarled. He seemed to grin even in his wolf form. His eyes filled with death as he lunged toward me. He then managed to pin me down with his paws. I felt his claws dig into my fur. I whimpered. Then we both heard a howl.

It was our Alpha.

My attacker got off of me and ran towards the direction of the howl. I followed after him limping. This happens often. As we reached the cave that our pack usually met in I stayed in the outskirts of the gathering. I knew that since I was the Omega I couldn't get too close. I took my position on a rock and changed back into my human form as everyone else did.

Ember, our Alpha, stepped onto the highest rock of the clearing. He cleared his throat and began to speak.

"Everyone! Welcome!"

We said hello in various different ways. I stayed silent. Ember beamed.

"As many of you know, our annual blue moon festival is coming up!"

Everyone cheered.

"For the preparations of the event we need people who are willing to create plans for it! Any volunteers?" Ember motioned to the crowd.

The was light chatter before a few people held up their hands.

"Great! By the way, you also may know that during this festival, we introduce new pups into our pack!"

The crowd got restless at this. New pups were always exciting.

"Okay! Anyone wanting to help prepare the festival stay here the others you may leave."

Everyone started to depart the clearing either in their human forms or wolf forms. I sighed. Like they would let me help. I looked to the ground. Why did I have to be Omega. Then a thought popped in my mind. Ember still hasn't chosen a Alpha female yet has he? May he would . . . ?
,
No. He wouldn't. He would never. Oh well. I should go. My mom needs me home. I changed into my wolf form and bounded off to my home.