Chapter 15

XV. LITTLE SURPRISE

"Can you please tell me now what are we doing?" Lena begged, as Harry carefully helped her step into the carriage.

"Nope, and no peeking." He chuckled, adjusting Lena's blindfold over her eyes.

"Are those horses? We are in a carriage, right? Harry, what are you doing?"

"You'll see. Now stop complaining." He grinned at her, not even trying to hide his enthusiasm, even though he knew she was not able to see his smile.

Lena huffed and crossed her arms across her chest.

"At least tell me where are we going."

"I can't do that."

"Yes you can, and you know it."

"God, stop complaining. I swear you are worse than a stubborn child sometimes."

"Says the man who refuses to tell me where he is taking me. Are we still on the castle grounds?"

"You'll see." He smirked, looking out of the window as the carriage exited the doors that lead to the castle.

Harry looked back at the blindfolded girl that was sitting across from him, trying to picture the look on her face when she saw the little, but meaningful surprise he had prepared just for her, knowing that it would make her the happiest girl on the world, but also very aware of the fact that it could mean that he could lose her.

He reached for her hand and caressed it a little, making her jump in her seat, but then she grabbed his hand and caressed it with her thumb as well.

The town people gathered around on the streets, waving at Harry and cheering as he passed, even though they didn't like him that much. They actually didn't like him at all. But everywhere he went, he had people lined up to kiss his arse and praise him.

The horses leading the carriage turned and got lost in an isolated area. The roads turned from stone to mud and the air was thicker, moister and heavier.

They finally arrived at a little house made out of wood, with a back garden with a few trees and crops struggling to grow, and a cow grazing nearby.

Harry got out of the carriage and helped Lena get out as well. As soon as the doors on Lena's side opened, she recognized the particular smell immediately and started to tear up.

"Ha-Harry? Where are we? Don't tell me-" she started, but got interrupted by chuckles coming out of Harry's lips.

"That's right, darling." Harry carefully took the blindfold out of Lena's eyes.

Lena gasped and covered her mouth as soon as she saw her home, the tears streaming uncontrollably down her face. She looked at Harry and sobbed, burying her face on his chest and embracing his torso with her slim arms.

"Come on, let's go see them. Okay?" Harry encouraged, taking Lena's hands and wiping away her tears, leading her to the front door of her house.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked, squeezing Lena's hand.

She nodded reassuringly. "I just can't believe you brought me here. Thank you, Harry."