10. Seduction

Começar do início

"Enough to know you should do whatever I ask you to." Her voice was raspy and she finished her glass of water. That made Devon look up at her with a raised eyebrow.
"That's what Sierra said. But if you actually expect me to do that, you don't know me as well as you think." He scoffed.

"One can only hope." She said and then rested her head against the headboard again, closing her eyes. She felt Devon's eyes on her and sighed.
"What?" She asked into the air, hoping he'd get the hint and stop looking at her.

"Who is Chad?" That made her frown.
"I don't know any Chad." She asked.
"You mentioned him yesterday." Devon informed her.
"Maybe Chad Sunshine was on. He's a singer." She said.
"Is he good looking?" He asked.
"I guess." Ester shrugged but her blush told him she did think he was attractive. For some reason, that didn't sit well with him.
"Oh." Was all he said. It was quiet for a while. But then:

"We should fuck." That made Ester open her eyes and glare down at him. Devon looked dead serious, which only made her scoot away from him.
"What is wrong with you?" She snapped, making Devon shrug and turn towards her, his head propped up on his hand.

"Think about it, it would rile Sierra up." He told her as if that was her life goal.
"And why do you think I'd want to do that?" She asked him bewildered.

"Because if it weren't for her, we wouldn't have met and your life would be so much better." He told her, which made Ester roll her eyes.
"Keep trying. She said you shouldn't touch me, so don't."

"Oh, so if it weren't for her stupid order, you would consider it?" He asked her with a raised eyebrow. Ester realized she took way too long to answer, but shook her head nevertheless.
"No way." She stood up, swayed for a second and almost crashed against the nightstand when Devon's hand shot up to steady her.

"I don't need your help." She snapped and then pushed his hands off her.
"Someone's not a morning person." He muttered and sat up in bed, watching her stand in front of him in only his shirt.

"Someone hardly can be if she's bothered by your presence right after she wakes up." Ester placed her hands on her hips and glared down at him.
"You're wearing my shirt." He simply stated and watched her eyes widen.

"I- Sierra must've changed me." She sounded unsure herself, but Devon knew it was true.
"Well, give it back." He smirked, causing Ester's jaw to drop.
"Excuse me?"

"Now." He said with a dangerous edge in his voice and Ester gulped audibly.
"But-"
"If I have to repeat myself, Ester." He warned.

Where did the annoying Devon go? She would take hours with him before she ever wanted to meet this side of him. But she didn't take the shirt off immediately and took a step back. He was scary, but she knew he wouldn't hurt her. Sierra would kill him.

"I refuse." She raised her chin up high and glared down at him. But he was up in a second and took two big strides towards her.
"You what?" He towered over her, causing Ester to raise her chin even higher.

"You heard me." What was she doing? She couldn't believe she managed to act like this when she was shitting her pants on the inside.
"You're cute when you act all tough and big. Did anyone ever tell you that?" He tilted his head to the right like a puppy and that gesture was so hot, Ester gulped again.

"Yes, plenty of people." She wasn't lying. Her friends always told her how cute she looked when she was angry, which only intensified her anger.
"Plenty?" He frowned at that and Ester nodded.

"Give me the shirt, Ester." He demanded again as his eyes roamed her body. When he licked his lips, Ester suddenly got an idea in order to escape this horrible and confusing situation. "What would be the fun in that?" She asked, blinking twice.

"What do you mean?" Devon narrowed his eyes at her.
"I mean-" Ester lifted her hand to trail one finger up his arm, causing Devon's eyebrow to twitch. She almost laughed at that.

"Why would I take it off if-" Her other hand gripped his shirt in order to pull him closer. He obeyed and placed his hand behind her on the wall to steady himself.

"You could do that?" Ester finished, making his eyes widen. He was falling for it, she almost smiled. But she had to keep up the facade. So she pulled him even closer so that now his waist was pressed against her hips and his upper body was almost covering hers.

"Would you do that for me?" Ester let her hand rest against his cheek, making him gulp. She placed her other hand behind his neck, massaging the back of his head. His eyes flattered closed.

"If I would allow you to touch me. If I'd tell you I was craving your touch?" She was oddly good at seducing him and wondered when she'd stop. And how? Ester smirked once she heard an unidentifiable noise coming from deep down his throat.

Then she went on her tiptoes and nuzzled his ear with her nose for great measure. Devon's breath hitched and his mouth opened.
"But guess what, Devon." She was ready for her grande finale.

"I'm untouchable for you." With that, Ester dodged under his arm and spotted her clothes on a chair. She grabbed them and walked into the attached bathroom before locking herself inside. Her heart was racing, but she kept silent in order to hear his next movements.

Devon sounded as calm as ever when his footsteps slowly left Sierra's room. But before she heard him fully leave the room he came back and it sounded like he was writing something down. Ester was sure it was a note for her.

Then he finally left and she waited until she heard the front door close before she opened the door again and walked over to the window that had a perfect view of the driveway.

He was walking towards his car in slow and controlled steps. She watched him round the car and open the door. But right before he stepped inside, Devon looked up at her. As if he knew she was watching him all that time.

Her heart skipped a beat when the edges of his lips lifted, making him smile at her. She's never seen him smile like this before. He looked mischievous and so damn sexy.

But it was gone as soon as he stepped inside his car and drove off. Ester was so shocked, she almost forgot about the note. But when she remembered, she practically sprinted towards Sierra's desk and sure enough, the note was for her.

You just poked a sleeping bear. Be prepared. - D.

Ester gulped when she read his words and realized she's made a big mistake.

God, what has she done?