Chapter 3

Haley's POV

After the hug was over I began to walk with her into the castle. We walked into the castle and I was amazed it was huge and everything was so extravagant. The Queen must have noticed my amazement because she began to snicker. I blushed and looked at my feet. Then I realized that I was filthy and I felt bad. Ma'am I am getting dirt all over your castle, I said. Well lets go get you cleaned up follow me, she said smiling. We walked up a grand staircase. She led me into a huge room. What is this room, I asked? Your room, she said. No I can't ma'am it ain't right, I said. I am the Queen what I say goes, she said. I sighed knowing I had no chance of winning. She walked into another room attached to my room. I heard a tub going. She drew me a bath. She left the bathroom but stayed in my room. When I was all clean I wrapped a towel around me and one around my hair and walked into my room where she was waiting on my bed. There was a beautiful blue dress on the bed next to her. She helped me get it on. Sit, she said. I sat down and she began to do my make up and hair. Right when she got done her elbow hit a glass flower vase next to her. Before I knew what I was doing I had my hand raised at the vase and it stopped inches from the ground. I placed it back where it went. Very nice, she said. I smiled. Well follow me we are going to dinner, she said. I followed her and soon we reached great giant oak doors. She opened them and I followed her in. Some maids closed the door behind us. I followed her to a table and sat down in the seat next to her. The food came to us and I looked at it. It looked so good but I wasn't used to eating. Aren't you going to eat, she asked? Yes it's just I am not used to eating so this feels weird, I said. She looked at me sympathetically. I ate all of my food and she took me up to my room. She helped me change out of my dress and gave me a night gown. I crawled into bed. Goodnight, she said as she headed towards the door. Goodnight, I said. Then she left the room but left the door open some. I laid my head down and fell asleep right away. Soon morning came. Suddenly I was being shaken lightly. I groaned and opened my eyes. It was bright and then suddenly I saw the Queen. I screamed and shot up. She jumped back. It took me a second. Then I remembered everything. O I'm sorry I forgot where I was for a second, I said looking away. O that's ok but you did scared me, she said laughing. I just laughed. Well we are going to have breakfast so lets get you dressed. I nodded I was able to get in the dress mostly by myself the Queen had to help me a little. She did my hair and make up again. So a little birdy told me today is your birthday. O yeah it is I forgot, I said laughing. Well after breakfast we can do anything you want, she said. Really, I asked? Yes, she said. After breakfast we went outside and I was thinking of something to do. Then I saw a stable. Do you have horses, I asked? Yes, she said. Can we go riding please, I asked? If that is what you want to do then sure, she said. Once we were in the barn she waved her hand and two horses were saddled. You know everyone says that you are mean and horrible and I think at some points you can be but your actually really nice, I said. I jumped on my horse and I saw her smile. Plus everyone can be mean and horrible and some points, I said. Then I walked my horse out of the barn and the Queen was right behind me. So your majesty do you want to race, I asked teasingly? First off call me Regina and second your on, she said. Then she kicked her horse and he took off. Cheater, I yelled. Then I kicked my and he speed off. I was gaining on her. Before I knew it I was in front of her. We made it to a lake and I slowed my horse down to a walk. You are a really good rider, she said. Thank you and your not to bad yourself, I said smiling. We returned back to the castle and ate supper. Before I knew it I was getting ready for bed. Goodnight sweetie, Regina said. Goodnight, I replied. As soon as my pillow hit my head I was out like a light.