Chapter 10

- I really like this book. I wish someone else was writing this so they had to go through all the possible endings! Yeah I complain. A lot. Oh well, not many chapters left, 1 or 2 or 3-

  -April's P.O.V.-

   I can't move. I can hear Sophie's screams, penatrating my uncious mind and weaving there way into fevered dreams.

-Old lady's P.O.V.-

  I have to do this right, I ain't as spry as I once was.

"Sir, Could you help me?" I ask as I reach her.

I try to keep my cool, but its hard. The man is still smiling and though smiles should make you feel happy, this one is ominous.

"With what ma'am?" I try not to yell. It won't help me. Despite the repspectfull ma'am, his tone is rude.

"Why sir could you help me carry this girl to my house where I can call 911 for an ambulence?"

His next words are shocking.

"Why would I help that mule stubborn girl!" He didn't wait for an answer. Instead he rushed on.

"Her and that devil mare have kept me from getting a paycheck for weeks. And I am sore beyond belief with some hospital bills to prove it! She deserves what she got!"

To prove his point he kicked her in the ribs. She moaned as she flew through the air and landed with a thump.  He was laughing. Laughing! LAUGHING! At an innocent girl, almost dead.

They may say that you break down when your old. But I proved 'em all wrong. I felt angry to say the loosest definition. I now know the meaning of adrenaline rush. I grabbed a branch, snapped in half and brought it down upon his laughing body. He fell to the ground. I slapped him across the face and moved toward the girl.

She was pale and only the quick rise and fall of her chest proved she was alive. I heard neighs, and yells but I was busy. I didn't know what to do. She couldn't stay here and freeze, but they say not to move seriously injured people.

I went with my gut. I carefully picked her up. She was limp but heavy. I could never carry her home. I turned. The mare I saw earlier was rearing and plunging for all she was worth. She had rendered the two men helpless, they cowered beneath her. It remind me of that movie, Spirit stallion of the Cimmeron. -Author note.Best movie EVER- Good. But it didn't help me.

But something did. A chestnut came out of nowhere and bowed at my feet like a circus horse. She stood still and I laid the girl across her back, then mounted up behind her.

-Sophie's P.O.V.-

Those men had nerve alright. Thought they could hurt my girl. HA! Never. I reared and plunged, long after they were motion less heaps of broken bones. They were alive and breathing, more than the girl was, when I left them.

  Sunsparks was carrying the girl, and the old lady was behind her. I cantered toward them. I was keeping pace with Sunsparks slow canter easily. Soon we reached a little cabin with a barn. Sunsparks carried her right to the door.