Chapter Thirteen.

Start from the beginning

I just gave him an awkward half smile and nodded. When he gave me one of his ear buds, I was barley listening to it. My stomach felt heavy and guilt was pouring all over me like acid. After finally getting away from Scott and going to the back of Mr. Jen’s room to sit with Colleen, I was rocking back and forth, and for some reason, fear was in my stomach.

I felt Colleen's gaze. “Hey, are you alright?” she asked.

My head snapped to look at her. “Did you tell Scott about me?” I whispered to her.

“Tell Scott what?” she asked.

“You know what.” I hissed. “Did you tell him about my secret?” I asked.

She shook her head. “No, I didn’t. I promise, but…but I don’t know if the others have. Why?” I stared at her to see if she was serious and she just looked as confused as I did.

“He…I don’t know, I was just wondering,” I told her.

When she opened her month to say something, I heard a familiar voice at the door and our heads turned to see Mina and two of her friends walk in. My eyes slightly widened when I saw her nose had one of those nose casts on it. She stared at me before glaring, flipping her hair, and walking over to her seat, her Mina-Wanna-Bee’s following her. I saw something go in front of me and I looked at the note Colleen was holding out to me.

People are saying you’re badass, that’s why people are staring. So proud! :)

I couldn’t help but chuckle once behind my closed lips and turned to her, grinning and shook my head. Mr. Jen came and quickly started class. “So I have some news,” he said, looking at me. Is he really going to say out loud to the whole class I’m in trouble and have to go to the principle? How lame.

“First, happy birthday, Abigail,” he said and then I heard a sharp intake of breath from Colleen and she started playfully slapping my arm.

“It’s your birthday?!” she asked excitedly. “Why didn't you tell me—well, you get what I’m trying to say,” she said, nervously chuckling.

“Ms. Green, will you calm down,” Mr. Jen ordered. “And secondly, Mina and Abigail, you have to report to the office.”

I breathed out my nose heavily in annoyance. I slung my bag over my shoulder and Mina grumbled about how stupid it was. Mr. Jen gave me a piece of paper to leave class and gave the same to Mina. We walked out of the class room and Mina kept quiet with her arms crossed over her chest.

Half way there, she finally spoke. “He’s just going to use you,” she said, keeping her eyes set on the floor. “You two will be all lovey dovey right now, but later, in the long run, he will get tired of you."

Though her words stung, I gave her a bored look and shrugged. She snorted out of her nose and we finally reached the principle’s office. I knocked on the door and a few moments later, the door opened and our principle was at the door. I've only seen her around the building a few times. She looked like a high class office lady with her long, blond hair, pencil skirt that goes to her knees, and white blouse.