How in the Maker's name did this one woman grind everything inside of him to a total halt? Love? What did he know of love beyond that ghastly story Varric kept trying to get him to read before it went to print? It sounded nice, in theory, but so did the Circles. We keep the mages safe, that way none of you people scared of your own shadow will try to kill a ten year old child terrified of being able to start fires. Love? Who wouldn't want to feel like their chest was being flattened by an ogre every time they glanced at their object of affection, fear of her not returning it striking in equal measure to what to do if she did? It's truly maddening to consider.

"Humph," Hawke moaned, her body twisting under the blanket until she rolled to face him.

Anders let his hand rest back into the divot where her hips slid in to create her waist. She had the most adorable set of black freckles dashed upon her nose, a fact he'd noticed sometime after she helped him with Karl. There were more than a few pages of his manifesto bearing a crude likeness to Hawke on the back of them.

She was never her warrior self in his drawings, nor laughing as was typical in the tavern. Anders wanted to give himself the quiet moments that seemed rare with this woman. A slight smile, an enigmatic look, sometimes she was twirling a rose. None of it ever felt right.

Staring at the woman beyond his wildest imagination he was beginning to understand why he'd failed with his amateur artistry. Even in the depths of the fade, she never lost that edge of mischief that drew his fevered body to her side. There were truly none in thedas like Hawke and, for its sake, it better hope there never would be.

A hand lashed out under the blankets to curl first over his waist then tug tighter until reaching down to cup his ass. She gave a pinch and her stormy eyes rolled open. "You were watching me again, weren't you?" Hawke grumbled, but there was a game in it. He forgot how much fun it was to play.

"Can't imagine why I'd want to stare at you," Anders grinned as he tugged up the blanket to reveal her breasts stacked together in overflowing cups. On Hawke's great frame she never seemed top heavy, but he couldn't get his hands to fully embrace her breasts -- the fact leaving Anders panting their first night together. Slowly he trailed his fingers in steps against the top breast, her warm skin calling to him as he dipped down to circle around her dark nipple.

Hawke's lips parted, a pant beginning as he thumbed her the best ways he knew how. Sex was where Anders shined. Even after all those years abstaining at Justice's urging and his own shattered ego, he never forgot his skills. It was hard for him to guess at how experienced Hawke was. She was a woman who didn't blanche from anything she wanted, but there was a timidity at times. It was almost as if she feared touching him might hurt, as foolish as that sounded.

Well, it depended on how hard she did it, and -- if in the right mood -- he might prefer it.

Her hand kneaded tighter against his ass, tugging his hips closer to her welcoming body. To emphasize how badly she wanted him, Hawke slipped her leg overtop of his, opening herself up. The headache rose back up, banging its fists about how there were injustices in the world that didn't require expounding energy upon such matters of the flesh.

Anders waved it away, his body dampening down his brain as the libido took control. Pinching against her nipples, when Hawke gasped in her ecstatic agony, he caught her parted lips in a kiss. She snickered a moment at it, then returned the kiss tenfold, her tongue almost playfully bouncing against his. Andraste's ass, she was an impossible woman to get a handle of, which only drove Anders' attentions hotter than he thought possible.

He wanted her, thought of her in every way he could, and she seemed happy to oblige. Hawke's wandering leg slid upward, her ankle digging into Anders' leg and thigh until she hooked it right under the ass she seemed drawn to. Not that he could entirely blame her, it was a pretty good one. The warrior woman melted at his lips as he began to work his way away from hers and down towards those mountainous breasts.