Chapter thirty-one: Power

Začít od začátku

     "Please stop harming him." My mouth moved on its own. He stopped chuckling and stared at me.

    "Why should I?" He sneered while opening his drink. I clenched my fist and tried to stop them from shaking too much.

     "Because you're making a big mistake." The words barely made it out loud enough for him to hear. He leaned closer to me and cocked his head. I don't understand, I thought, the yumo is gone, but why is he still acting hostile?

    "A big mistake, you say?" He stared at me, then laughed. I closed my eyes and felt defeated. He wouldn't stop laughing. I felt a vein begin to bulge from within my forehead. What is...?!

     "It's not funny!!" I hollered and grabbed ahold of his shirt. His face became agitated, but I wouldn't let him speak because I continued.

    "Making people feel bad about themselves is not funny at all! How would you like it if someone pushed you against the lockers and called you a freak? Or a loser? Or a faggot? It's not fun at all. So just stop it because you gain nothing out of it. And if you don't stop, I'll make sure you–"

    "What? Make sure I what?" He mocked and tried to set himself free. My hatred got the best of me, strength flowed through my arms as I felt that familiar power come out. My hands gently changed from yumo to human. I looked down and slowly glared up at him.

     "I'll make sure you pay for it." His eyes started to widen a little until he finally got free from my grasp. He didn't make eye contact with me as we both froze in our place. He then combed his hair back with his fingers and frowned.

     "Fine, I'll stop. It was getting old anyway." His voice sounded weak which contradicted his rough appearance. I stared him down and let my fingers dangle.

    "If it was getting old, why didn't you stop?" He turned his head toward me and tried to stare me back down.

    "I don't have to explain myself to you." And with that, he walked out. I felt like justice was finally served. But was it for good?

     I then looked down at my hands. They were still human. I felt around my arms and took a deep breath. I need to get back in control. At least this time only part of my yumo came out through my hand. It's never happened before, I either lost control completely or not at all; never in between. I stared at my fingers which were still red from gripping his shirt so much. I noticed my promise ring and smiled at it. Hopefully I stopped the harm.

     I then realized what I did. I just attempted to intimidate the biggest bully in our school. I felt my body empty and my face go pale. I could have died if that didn't go well. Especially if I were entirely human.

    I hurried up the steps to the roof to find a joyful Hiroomi, tossing his apple in the air.

    "There you are," he said while taking a bite of his apple. I sat down next to him and took a deep breath. He watched me while he chewed.

    "Something happen?" He asked with a little bit of apple left in his mouth. I blinked twice, wondering whether I should say what I did or not. Would he mind that I intervened? I chose my words carefully and smiled a half smile.

    "Not really. But I think Roy is much nicer now that you got rid of that yumo." Hiroomi just chuckled and took another bite.

    "What can I say? My abilities can change a person's life." Yeah, your abilities. He watched the clouds and leaned back against the fence. My mouth twitched as it tried to smile.

     "Especially mine." The words slipped out without any thought to them. Hiroomi gazed at me as he started to turn a bit pink. When his eyes locked on mine, they veered away quickly. He covered his mouth so I couldn't tell he was blushing. I laughed and kissed him on the cheek.

     "Stop trying to hide your embarrassment from me." I joked and tackled him with a hug. He kept looking away, trying to contain himself.

    "Ah...Akkey, why are you so adorable?" He stammered. I laughed under my breath and could feel a hint of blush on my cheeks. I moved off of him and we sat in silence for a moment, eating our lunch.

    "So much for letting me accept your love." I pouted and waited for him to respond. After a few seconds, he shuffled closer and cuddled his head into my shoulder.

    "You're right, I'm sorry." He whined playfully. I pretended to be mad at him for being a hypocrite. I jerk away from him and he clung onto my arm.

    "No, Akkey! I'm sorry! Let me love you!" He said as he tackled me. I fell to the ground and he toppled on top. He started to tickle me. I swatted at his arms, but couldn't escape.

    "No–! H-Hiroomi! S-stop–!" I laughed, but was cut off when his lips forced themselves over mine. I let my grasp on his arm relax and let him kiss me for awhile longer. I felt my heart flutter from his touch. When he finally let go, we stared deeply into each other's eyes and smiled. He slid his finger from my cheek down to my tie and tapped it. His finger on my skin made my insides tingle.

He tugged on my tie, as if the tie were in his way, and kissed my neck. I let out a soft moan and allowed him to continue down to the my chest. I forgotten we were still on the school's roof and in the middle of lunch. Before he could continue down any further, the bell rang signaling the end of lunch. I snapped back into reality and looked down at my bare chest. A few buttons were open and my tie was off. I could see a few bruises forming on my skin. My eyes widen and I started to get flustered. I quickly sat up and collided heads with Hiroomi.

"Ow..." We both said as we rubbed our heads. We made eye contact and both looked away quickly.

"Um, sorry, I got carried away." He mumbled and stood up to grab his lunch. I seized my shirt's buttons and felt for my tie. I hurried to put it back on to hide the marks. When I saw Hiroomi wave goodbye, I could tell his whole face was beet red. I felt my neck for anymore hickies. I prayed none of them were noticeable to others. I'd hate to lead on the rumors that the others say about me. I tried desperately to find a way to hide them all.

As I walked down the stairs to class, I noticed Roy talking to Hiroomi. When I first saw them, my fist tightened, but then I noticed the lightness on Hiroomi's face. I waited for Roy to leave to approach Hiroomi.

"Oh, Akkey, guess what? Roy just apologized to me. Isn't that crazy?" His face was filled with confusion and tranquil. I smiled and looked in Roy's direction.

"It sure is." Maybe he took what I said seriously without showing that he did.

A/n: Long time, no see fellow readers!!!
I came back because now I am finally at peace!
...for now...
AnYwAy, thank you for being patient and I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
(๑>◡<๑)

Next Update: May 3rd