Chapter 21

"Y/N! Y/N!" Strong arms shook you as you opened your reluctant eyes. "We need to go to the Boss's office immediately." Akutagawa demanded.

In the bushes a few hours later...

"Why are we here again, Aku?" You asked quietly.

"Do you really not pay attention?" Akutagawa scolded. "We're here to discuss a truce with the agency. Now shut up!"

"Ok!" You smiled and restrained yourself from hugging him. You, Akutagawa, and Chuuya, were hiding just in case it was a setup. The main guard on Mori was the whole Black Lizard. Personally, you thought that would be enough. Apparently, Mori, Chuuya and Akutagawa thought different.

They approached the meeting spot quietly. "Ah Dazai!" Mori sang. "Do you still have that old coat?"

"Of course not! I burned it, obviously!" Dazai smiled back.

"Port Mafia boss." Fuzukawa addressed him.

"Agency Boss. Not much security huh?" Mori teased.

The two men took slow steps toward each other.

"So, the time has finally come. The two most powerful organizations of gifted are in a war." Fuzukawa started.

"If the government found out we were having a secret meeting, they'd go nuts." Mori pointed out.

"I'll get to the point then. A new member of the Agency suggested an alliance with the Port Mafia." So its his fault! "I refused at first. Just the idea of allying ourselves with the likes of you goes against our standards. But it came from someone who was shot, slashed, and kidnapped several times by the Mafia. He deserves to be heard. So as the president of the Agency, I had no choice but to listen."

"We're both in quite the pickle here." Mori joked.

Why isn't he taking this seriously!? It's so frustrating even Aku is shaking!

"I'll get to the point. Alliance aside, I suggest a temporary ceasefire."

Mori laughed. "Ever read Schelling? Kissinger?"

"They're both researchers or strategy." Dazai cut in. "Taught by you-know-who."-NOT VOLDEMORT!!-

"There is a parallel between war and strategies of illegal organizations like us. No one exists to punish either of us, or else our agreement will be broken."-he's basically saying they're not allowed to hurt anyone from the Mafia-
"And if you hurt one of us?" Fuzukawa demanded.

"What if you betray us? You trusted us, put us in this agreement, you should be the only ones to suffer. Under conditions that reward the first ones to betray the others, I cannot allow a limited ceasefire. Only way I could is for complete cooperation."

"Impossible!" Dazai closed his eyes.

"Yes. We are an organization of face and resentment. Most us us have had a hard life. Dragged through the mud, if you will." Mori commented.

"Us as well." Fuzukawa said calmly.

"We didn't die. That is the source of shame for the Mafia."

"Then, how about this." Fuzukawa grabbed his sword, "we settle this here, and now."

Gin and Tachihara ran at him. The sword sliced they're weapons in one quick move as he headed for the boss. Who also jumped and placed his small knife on the back of his neck. Both froze and you were shaking with anger. Even if you never spoke with him, you were secretly grateful to the boss. He picked you off the streets, gave you, Gin, and Akutagawa a home. If it weren't for Mori, you wouldn't have met Dazai.