Chapter 20

Note: Hello! Whew haha I have to say that the three previous chapters were heavy but I'm glad we got through it. Maraming maraming salamat talaga sa inyong lahat who take the time to read this story.

I finally reached the transitional chapter I've been waiting for because I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know it's been a tough journey for boss Maine and boss RJ but they're two tough cookies too. Thank you so much for being with me on their journey and I hope you stay till the end. See you in the next chapter!

=====<>=====

"Mommy, kala ko po maaga yung meeting nyo?" RJ asked his mom when he saw her waiting in the living room.

Rio looked at her son who was in his business attire, ready to head to work. Sensing a different aura in him, his mother gave a contented smile.

"Ma, bakit po kayo nakangiti sakin?" RJ asked consciously.

Rio just smiled and shook her head. "Hinihintay ko pa kasi si Bong para ihatid ako. May pina-pick up kasi ako pero mukhang naabutan ng traffic eh," she answered, referring to their family driver.

"Sabay ka na sakin, Ma, para di ka malate. Magpasundo ka na lang kay kuya Bong after your meeting."

His mother looked at him, obviously surprised by his offer but she chose not to say anything at that moment. Rio just smiled because she knew, things are slowly looking good for their family.

"Mommy, alam ko nakatingin ka sakin. Ako pa rin yung anak mo, di nagbabago itsura." RJ felt his mother's gaze on him as he drove down the streets of Manila and he was starting to feel conscious.

"I'm just happy to be riding in your passenger seat, anak, it's been a long time." Rio smiled at the progress her son is making as part of his healing process. She was very well aware of the changes in RJ after the accident, and she could finally feel that the old RJ was slowly coming back to them. She was finally getting her son back.

"Ngiti ka naman anak, ang aga aga ang seryoso mo. Mas gwapo ka pag nakangiti."

The car came to a stop at the stoplight and his mother's request suddenly reminded him of something, or someone. RJ took a deep breath and smiled genuinely, but Rio saw something in his eyes. Longing.

Mas bagay yung naka-smile ka tsaka tumatawa. He suddenly heard her voice in his head.

Smile and laugh while you can, because you won't always have the chance to do them. He heard her voice again, and the first thought of the day phrase she ever shared with him played in his head over and over.

"I wonder kung ano ang nagpapa-ngiti sayo ng ganyan, anak. Or, sino?" Rio teased, making RJ smile even more.

He just shook his head and took a deep breath. "Mommy talaga," was all he answered.

It's been over two weeks since he finally had the talk with his father, and it's been almost three months since he flew in from California. Since that night of talking to his Dad, he has been working hard to pick himself up from his fall and is slowly getting back on track. Slowly but surely, RJ is finally on his way to moving on. It has taken him a long time to get to where he is, but, as they say, it's better late than never.

He was happy and grateful for his renewed relationship with his father, but he couldn't deny the fact that something was missing that even his Dad noticed. He was getting worried because he has started calling her that week but no one ever answered his calls. Maine wasn't answering his calls.