Ultra Squad

Allen Kessel

"In this world we are faced with many enemies of the public. So far we have experienced the existence of The Red Militia," I said in front of the board meeting. "A group of terrorists with abilities that define devastation."

My opening had brought attention from the audience to how dangerous this world was.

"This group of people include many savages like The Three Scorpions, Captain Thunder Daggers, Necro, Minimizer, Aquila, Megahertz, and their leader, The Red Veteran. All of these people have damaged the streets just like the war that ended a year prior to this month.

"But fear not, I intend to help our city, help our world."

"And how Kessel?" a man from the board said with a broad voice.

"Well," I paused as I pulled a remote from my pocket. "We have collected three strangers."

I pointed the remote at the monitor on the wall, turning it on. I showed the three teenagers we collected off the streets. It showed the man from wax, the archer, and the behemoth, all not in costume and in original form.

"And The Red Militia will fall to it's knees to three teenagers you kidnapped?" another board member asked.

"They aren't regular teenagers. They posses strength alien to man. Hell, even alien to alien."

I clicked the remote again, showing video of wax boy, covering a car thief with several layers of wax before leaving him for police.

The next video showed how the archer took on three members of The Red Militia, besting them all in hand to hand combat. A fourth man ran in with a gun, but then was stopped by an arrow to the chest.

The next video was of the behemoth, throwing a car door at an agent armed with a baseball bat.

I clicked the remote to turn off the monitor. I looked over the audience, all of their faces amazed by how they moved and by what they did.

"So we are putting the fate of our city into the hands of three teenagers?"

"Three teenagers, and a pixel," I corrected him.

1 hour later

I walked in on our containment cells where the teenagers were held. The female archer sat in the middle cell, her legs crossed, meditating. Wax boy laid on the bed of the cell to the left, twirling a candlestick he had made from his body wax. The beast was tranquilized, tubes extruded from his back providing the tranq. He was stuck in human form to assure that he couldn't break out.

"Good thing you arrived," Ms. Foyer said as I walked in. "Juliet over there kept hitting on me," she nodded her head towards Mr. Anderson with her eyes closed, and continued to meditate.

"Do I not deserve the title Romeo?" Mr. Anderson said calmly, he then continued to twirl the candlestick.

"No," she said back calmly.

My eyes snapped to the man guarding the cell opening controls. "Release them now," I commanded.

Surprised, Anderson and Foyer stood up and waited for the cells to slowly open. Mr. Regroneg still laid unconscious from the tranquilizers.

I walked up to the several tubes attached to the back of Mr. Regroneg and started to detach them.

Already the other two teenagers stood behind me, watching me do my business.

"When will he wake up?" Ms. Foyer asked.

I looked at her, If our calculations are correct then-"

Mr. Regroneg suddenly burst from his slumber with a sudden gasp for air.

"Now," I finished.

Mr. Regroneg burst up, tackling Mr. Anderson.

"Who are you?" Regroneg yelled. "Where am I?"

"Listen dick head, I'm not the one who put you here," Anderson replied in a calm manner.

Despite the argument, Regroneg attempted to punch Anderson, only from him to melt and slip right from under his attacker.

"The hell?" He said, before Mr. Anderson punched him in the face, knocking him down.

He felt his face, and held a strong confused gaze to Mr. Anderson.

"I didn't know there was anything like me," Mr. Regroneg said strongly.

"Trust me porcupine," Anderson said, holding out his hand to help Mr. Regroneg up. "You're one of a kind."

"Can we stop with the socializing?" I asked. "I need to discuss with you an important offer."

The behemoth and the archer both had interest in what I would say. It was Mr. Anderson that didn't want anything to do with my offer.

"You want to create a team to fight Red Veteran," Mr. Anderson said bluntly, looking at the other two candidates.

"Mr. Anderson?" I asked.

"Stop calling me that! It's either Stephen or Wax. Nothing else," he replied angrily. "And I'm not joining. I like going solo."

"Mr...Stephen, please, your abilities are much needed."

"You can't show me anything that will make me change my mind."

"Oh yes, I can," I said, pulling out a remote. I pressed the call button, and immediately the creature that worked for me appeared.

"You called sir?" Pixel asked.

Pixel was a master with swords, he had one strapped to his side, and several knives on his legs. His helmet hid his face, which he never took off. His helmet was similar to a TV screen, except curved and nearly unbreakable.

"This, Stephen, is a creature from a different world. A digital world."

"Yeah right!" Stephen scoffed. "This is probably one of your cronies with a sword. Don't forget that I've seen your technology."

"Oh, this isn't his technology. Its all me."

Stephen laughed at Pixel, finding his look ridiculous.

Stephen then suddenly slipped under Pixel like he did moments ago with Mr. Regroneg. Stephen the grabbed the sword from Pixel's sheath.

"Aha...Wait, what?" Stephen shared at the handle of a sword. No blade, just the handle.

I always loved this trick.

"I can do that too," Pixel teleported behind Stephen, then took the lonely sword handle from his grasp, and shoved the handle back onto the sheath.

Stephen looked at him in shock.

"And I can do it better," he grabbed the handle and pulled it back out. This time, the pixels surrounded the handle of the sword. As he pulled it out, every single pixel was used to make the sharpest sword unknown to man. Pixel held his sword in front of him, ready to fight.

Stephen looked at me and Pixel in shock.

"I'll give you time to think about it," I said to him. I looked at the other two candidates. "As for you two, I trust that you're in?"

"Yes," the behemoth said.

"I've been trying to take down The Red Militia for years now. Couldn't hurt to have some help," the archer said.

"Okay. Three members, maybe four, is enough to destroy evil," I said. "Now, first things first..."