Broadening a team and Destroying another!

Start from the beginning

I heard the excited cheers of the others.

I pulled out the masterball we had stolen for just such an occasion.

"Time to catch us a legendary....."

Within an hour I had debreifed all of the available grunts on the plan.

"Latios had paid us a visit earlier. It decided to make a fool of us!! However! We know it is still close by.

Judging by the stories in the news and security footage, we have a photo of this pokemon in both it's normal form, and disguised form."

At this point the projector that was set up showed the grunts the pictures.

"We are going to scan Sootopolis and the surrounding routes for it while it is asleep! Should one of you find it, make sure not to wake it up and contact me. I have this and we will have the might of a legendary pokemon for the glory of team Magma!!!"

I yelled as I held up the masterball.

The crowd of grunts cheered and dispersed. All of them beginning the scanning of the ashen area.

You will be ours Latios......

Lati's POV

The rustling of soot woke me up, the whispering caught me on edge.

"Do you really think a Latios is out here?"

"I don't see why not.... the boss's explanation made sense....."

"Yeah, but what are the odds we'll be the ones to come across it?"

I turned invisible and found the source of the conversation. Three team Magma grunts were walking through.

Then they spotted the bare patch I had made in the soot.

The grunts reacted way to fast for me to react. Within the span of two seconds flat they had put on strange goggles, pulled out several Golbat, identified where I was, and ordered their pokemon to use mean look on me.

I knew in that instant, I was in trouble.

Two of the grunts yelled "Air cutter!"

I used protect to shield myself from their attacks before sending a powerful dragon pulse their way. It only managed to graze one of the offending pokemon.

I have to faint their pokemon fast if I want to escape before reinforcements come!

I flew around dodging attack after attack before retaliating with Luster purge after luster purge.

The erratically flying bat pokemon threw off my aim though.

I was starting to get frustrated and tired..... but before I could worry about my drowsiness the air cutters started connecting. This made several deep cuts start appearing all over my body.

In one way it kept me awake, but with the number of them hitting me I was getting close to fainting fast.

Then all of a sudden, they all stopped attacking.

I heard the third say "Big boss is on route. Nearby reinforcements coming in tee minus three!"

The other grunts nodded.

I decided I had had enough and used psychic to slam all of the poison types into each other and they thankfully fainted to the super effective move.

This time I shot off as fast as I could making a deafening sonic boom as I flew away at mach three. I flew for hours just getting away before I felt like I was ready to collapse.