"What, you think I wanted to hurt Polly? I didn't even know you guys were there since you two arrived so fucking late." Alan defended himself, pointing at his chest.

"Yeah, Ron and I left before you guys even got there. Where were you two?" Harry wondered, looking over Ethan.

Ethan's muscular body relaxed considerably under our gazes, his eyes drifting to mine.

I somehow knew something was up without any exchange of words between us, the both of us staring at one another briefly before I got the silent message, stuffing my hands in my pockets and walking out as Ethan followed behind me, leaving Alan and Harry with Polly in the room.

"Alright, thanks for the response. Really cleared things up." Harry passive aggressively retorted, peeking his head out at the door to watch us walk down the hall before shaking his head and going back inside.

"I told her." Ethan broke the silence as we leaned against the walls of the empty hospital corridor across from each other.

"So that's why you guys were so late. How'd she take it?" I asked with interest, preparing myself for the worst when he simply raised his brows, blowing out a breath and rubbing the back of his neck in response.

"It was... wild." He began, grimacing at the memory.

"At first she thought I was joking but then when she realized I wasn't, she got mad. And I mean super mad since I told her from the start that there was nothing between you and I when she asked in the beginning of our relationship. She called me a liar, worst thing she's ever called me aside from jerk." He sighed in remorse.

"Well.... you could have told her sooner like I advised..." I trailed off, closing my mouth shut and mouthing a timid "sorry" when I saw the vexed look he was sending my way.

"We talked it out though, I let her calm down and made sure to linger around her. Not too much to piss her off but enough to still be close to her. Polly's amazing Ron, once she calmed she understood. She even apologized for her temper which was completely unnecessary but she did. She wants to meet Gus." Ethan finally smiled for the first time since we got to the hospital, a hopeful look in his bright blue eyes that I'd never seen before as I grinned, feeling like a weight had been lifted off of my chest.

"I'm glad to hear that." I told him in a sincere tone, my body relaxing at his words.

"Yeah," He said with a proud look on his face as he darted his tongue out to wet his lips, staring at the ground in thought.

"You think Gus will like her?" Ethan hesitantly asked after a few moments, his voice laced with uncertainty.

"Polly's sweet, rich, and pretty. I'm one hundred percent sure the kid will love her and want her as a second mom." I reassured him with a snort, the both of us knowing our son as he simply chuckled, nodding.

"Hey, don't be like that. Gus's mom is pretty amazing." Ethan defended with a small smile, looking at me.

"Carmen is pretty good." I agreed, referring to my sister.

"I'm talking about you Ron." Ethan said, making me turn my head to meet his gaze, slightly caught off guard before I simply pursed my lips, letting out a "hm."

"His dad's not so bad either." I shrugged.

"His dad's fucking amazing." Ethan smirked as I widened my eyes like I had just heard he biggest lie causing him to laugh.