.

Schroeder's POV:

It's been a week, after I won second place from my piano competition. And it's been a week, since I last saw Lucy. Things are so confusing, you know?

She didn't attended my competition, she was acting strange about things, about everything. Sad thing is, I haven't even saw her in school.

"Schroeder?" I heard my mom's voice, as she walks inside my room. I took off my headphone, which is playing clair de lune, and faced my mom.

"Heather asked if you're going to pick her up tomorrow?" My mom asked, smiling at me.

"Mom, do girls really just act strange all of a sudden?" I asked, not even minding the question she asked me.

"What? Why? Is Heather alright?" Mom invited herself in my room, as she sat beside me on my bed.

"Not Heather." I groaned. "I mean... One day they're smiling at you, then next day they'll not even going to speak a word to you. Might as well, they'll turned invisible, like you didn't knew each other at all." I asked, skeptically.

"Then maybe, there is a reason, Schroeder."

"Wh- What reason?"

"Maybe you did something, that she didn't like?"

"Mom, I definitely don't understand." I chuckled, but that faded quickly.

"Okay, maybe, you are not aware of what you did, that affects them so much. For example, there's a girl involved."

I knitted my eyebrows together, as I process all mom's words. And seconds after, I think I finally figured it out. I looked at my mom, with hooded eyes.

"Heather." I sighed.

***
"Do you have a date yet?" I asked, glancing at Lucy. And she turned her face to face me. She shook her head, no.

"Well, if you don't mind, I would like to---" my sentence was cutted by some music.

There's a text from Dad.

-"Son, please come home now, there's an important thing we should discuss."-

***

Then I went home quickly after I received that, leaving Lucy with an unfinished sentence. When I arrived home...

***
"What is is you wanna tell me , Dad?"

"Heather, she looked so lonely, you should go to the prom with her."

"What? Heather? The red haired girl? Why?"

"Son, she looked so lonely, you know well that her parents are one of our very close friends. Her parents asked me to tell you that you should take her to prom."

***

"Dad," I breathed.

"What?" Mom asked.

"Where is dad, mom?" I asked her, but she didn't answer me at all. I got up from my bed and go out of my room. I jogged downstairs, and saw my dad watching a football match on TV.

"Oh hey son." He smiled as he saw me walking towards him. "This match is---"

"Quit playing, dad. Tell me the real reason, why you keep pushing me to Heather." I asked him, with knitted eyebrows.

He sighed, exasperately. " Son, her parents said that--"

"She's lonely? I don't think so dad." I finished the sentence for him. "It keeps me wondering, why you and mom keeps on pushing me to go out with Heather. I don't find her lonely at all, she has lots of friends at school."