Betrayal

Prompt: the first 2 quotations

"I thought you were my friend."

"I am. But it is my duty, as a friend, to tell you that you suck at this."

I blinked and sat in silence for a moment, "You couldn't tell me before al this happened?!"

Kira shrugged, "You were too busy, you know, focused on saving the world." She walked up to me and flicked my nose and smirked at me, "I couldn't get my friends attention."

I glared at Kira and bit the inside of my lip, "I'm sorry, but saving the world is important." I rubbed my nose to get the stinging away. Kira rolled her eyes and let out a short, disbelieving laugh.

"You dork. The world isn't more important than friends."

"Wait what? There are innocent people out there that needed saving! No one was coming to help them! Yeah ok, I suck and kinda messed up, but that doesn't mean I have to ignore them. If I have the ability to save someone, I will do it."

Kira looked shocked, I probably messed up, again. I'm sorry if people need saving, I can't help that. Tears formed in the corner of her eyes. I didn't want to hurt her feelings, she is important, but the world doesn't evolve around her.

"If that's how you feel, then fine. You can go and suck without me." Kira gave me one final look of betrayal and disappointment, and left.

That was the last day I ever saw her.