Part One: Drowning in Words...

My life is a mess. My friends say they don't care about what I say, and that my pictures look ugly. Yet, they still sit with me at our private table in the cafeteria. I really only have one good friend now. I just met Elsa in September when she came to my school. The moment I saw her, I knew we were going to be good friends.We are all obsessed with this musical. The only one in my social circle not obsessed with it is Audrey. Abby is mean to everybody, including me, and we have been good friends since first grade. I feel like Abby and I are drifting apart. She judges everyone by the clothes they wear. She once kept whispering about this girl called Margaret. Nobody really likes Margaret.

At school, my friends and I are considered "Middle Class" on the so called "Popularity Triangle." Rachel, Ashley, and Gena are the most "popular" girls in the entire sixth grade. I've had several slumber parties with them, so I know what comes from a popular mind.

My grades have plummeted. I had all A's on my report card for the first quarter, but since my friends started becoming insecure, I started feeling insecure as well. I got five A's and a B+ on my  most recent report card. For me, that's terrible.

Britney is my go-to girl for fresh rants. She always stands on my side, whenever I am in an argument. We sit next to each other in math class, and I like playing games with her when the teacher isn't looking. She was my second friend in kindergarten because she sat in a different row than me. My first friend was Edna. She has a vast vocabulary.

Writing has always been my favorite hobby, my Savior from all of the middle school drama happening around me. Sometimes I sit down at my desk and start to jot down ideas. I think for hours upon end, drowning in words. My words turn to sentences, which then turn to paragraphs, then stories. I feel like I could build a palace out of my words, maybe churches, cathedrals. Marshall and this girl called Chloe call me a bibliophile, and they are most definitely correct. I collect books for fun, and sometimes  I never read them.

Audrey gets me. We have several inside jokes like "Toxic" which is a song by Britney Spears. And SOS, or sauce. We were watching The Voice, and a girl started singing that song, but she was moving her hands up and down again and again, and it was so hilarious, Audrey and I share a special bond that no one else has. That makes me slightly happier.

"Do unto others." It is a famous quote my dance instructor once said, and it means to be nice and treat people kindly. That's what I plan to do.