Chapter III-Panic

Draco had been reorganizing his potion cabinet, making a list of what needed to be restocked. He could make whatever was missing himself, he knew, but if the potions storage in the dungeon had it already, he'd love to save the time and effort.

Suddenly, a large Gryffindor student, carrying a smaller, familiar figure burst in.

"Healer Malfoy!"

"Yes, what's wrong?"

"He barged into Defence in the middle of the lesson, hyperventilating and then collapsed. Professor Potter said to bring him here."

Draco motioned for him to be placed on an empty nearby bed.

"You may leave. Tell your professor to meet me after classes. That is all." Draco sounded very clipped, but not upset.

"Yes, sir." And the large boy was gone.

Draco sighed. His evaluation indicated the boy had experienced a panic attack, simple as that. He healed any wounds Scorpius received when he collapsed. As the boy sleep, Draco heard the infirmary door open to see a mop of black hair and glasses.

"Is he ok?" Now Harry sounded panicked.

"It was a panic attack. Why, I don't know, but I intend to find out why when he awakes." Harry only nodded in response.

It didn't take long for the boy to begin stirring.

"Where am I?" The boy panicked again. Harry began to rub his back to keep him from hyperventilating again.

"Hospital Wing." Draco just looked at the boy, ready to intervene in the case of another attack.

"I had another panic attack, didn't I?" The sounded mad at himself that this had occurred.

"How long?" Draco pulled out a writing pad and a quill.

"Since my mother got sick. They stopped when I thought she was getting better. But then I got the letter." Tears were forming.

"Well, I can give you a calming potion. But I'd like to see you here once a week or anytime you start to feel bad, understood?" Draco's voice was firm, not something to be argued with.

"Yes, sir." The boy's voice, in contrast, was timid.

"Don't hesitate to come to me with anything, either." Harry finally spoke up. The boy looked surprised to hear this, probably since Harry was head of Gryffindor and the boy was a Slytherin. "I don't really subscribe to the whole house rivalry thing anymore. I did marry a Slytherin." Harry chuckled as Draco tried not to blush.

"Well, you seem in order. You can go to the Great Hall and then your dorm." Draco gave his instructions quite clearly, leaving no room for misinterpretation. Soon, Draco was alone again, enjoying the quiet and peace that was sure not to last.