LI: Convergent

con·ver·gent

adjective

coming closer together, especially in characteristics or ideas.

Blood pulsed through their veins'; each person in the vehicle stared at the Wheeler house in shock. Emilia could taste the fear and worry upon her tongue like a coppery, metallic taste. But her mouth was dry, too. Parked a few blocks away, anyone could see that there were a swarm of government vehicles. Nancy yanked open the door to the truck and dashed out in a frantic panic, Hopper was already out there looking through binoculars to scope out what was going on. He knew now that Nancy's brother was deeper in this than he ever would have guessed; he told himself there was not much point being surprised, his best friend had gone missing so he started to do some digging.

Hopper knew that Mike had a little bit more information than the rest of them, different information. It was all going to come together sooner or later, but right then, they couldn't get any closer to that house. From the looks of it, Mike wasn't even there, and that meant they still had time, if they found him first. Nancy ran towards the house, but Hopper stopped her, calming her down by convincing her that her parents were going to be fine; they knew nothing about what was going on, blissfully ignorant. The company would not risk killing anyone and causing trouble if they didn't have to.

Back in the truck, hopefully out of sight, Hopper looked into the back seat where he had somehow accumulated Nancy Wheeler, Joyce and Jonathan Byers, and Emilia Roth. He never once thought he would have that combination of company, but there was no time to mention it now. "So, how do we find the kid?"

"Mike?" Nancy asked.

"Yeah, think," Hopper looked at her. "Any place he might hide?"

Nancy pulled her lips tight, thinking about it, but the truth of the matter was that she had not paid her brother any attention in a few years. She'd outgrown the playing and the childish things, and had replaced it with things she saw as so adult only a week ago. Boys and booze, sex and parties. But it didn't seem adult anymore, it seemed trivial. And although a rage burned inside of her, a hatred for Steve and his goons, she couldn't help but still feel something for him. She glanced at Emilia briefly, as if she could offer her some sort of condolences, but she'd already done that. Nancy felt a fool as she realized she had lost Steve, she'd lost her friends, she didn't fit in with Jonathan and Emilia -after this they wouldn't be best friends- she'd lost Barbara, and now she might lose her own brother.

"I don't know..." She admitted, she truly didn't know what her brother did aside from play stupid games in the basement.

"I think I might," Jonathan piped up, "They communicate with Walkie-Talkies, right mum?"

"Yeah..." Joyce nodded, "Yeah they did."

"I'm willing to be Nancy's brother has his, and that his other friends are involved, or at least might know where he is." Jonathan said, "Will's has got to be in his room somewhere."

Hopper didn't need to hear more, he turned on the engine and whipped around. Anything to get away from the Wheeler house that was crawling with bad people who called themselves the Government. This was so far beyond them, but no one else was stepping up to the plate to take control. It was dark by the time they had gotten all vehicles back to Joyce's house, and they rushed in, only Nancy startled by the appearance of the ripped apart home. Things were upturned, there was a half-covered hole in the wall, and there were knotted Christmas lights all over the place. But the rest of them strolled right in as if this was a normal look for anyone who didn't live at the end of the cul-de-sac.