Chapter Two: Renegade

The Darkest Road
Chapter Two: Renegade

"Oh Mama, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law
Hangman is comin' down from the gallows and I don't have very long
The jig is up, the noose is out
They finally found me
The renegade who had it made
Retrieved for a bounty
Never more to go astray
This will be the end today
Of the wanted man."

I tore out of the Impala quicker than Dean could say anything to me. This was something that was boiling just below the surface; if Sam had made a demon deal I was going to be positively furious.

     Dean and Bobby were probably still somewhere in the lobby or downstairs. I was already making my way down a dingy hallway towards the door with the number 207 inside a red heart.

     I pounded the side of my fist hard on the door once I reached it.  It opened slowly, and I was surprised to see not Sam, but a young woman with dark hair, wearing only a tank top and underwear. She gave a small smirk that made my insides light with suspicion. The smirk faded away quickly, and she stared at me with expectant eyes.

     "So where is it?" She asked.

     "Where's what?" I asked agitatedly, looking her up and down. She was pretty enough— something that made me even madder if it were possible.

     "The pizza..." She said slowly, as if I were the stupid one.

     "Oh, for the love of…" I placed a hand on my forehead, "Where's Sam?"

      I knew he was here. I could feel him close by.

     "Dude…" She took a careful step back, "are you like his wife?…"

     "Listen here, you idiot. I asked you a question! WHERE IS HE?" This time it was Oz who spoke, making my eyes flicker; she was a lot less pleasant and a lot more lethal. The girl's eyes went as wide as saucers, and she pointed weakly in the direction of the bedroom.

     Before she could protest, I stormed past her and into the bedroom, where Sam sat in nothing but a long sleeved t-shirt and boxers.

["OF COURSE HE'D BE HALF FUCKING DRESSED. DID YOU SEE WHAT'S-HER-BITCH OUT THERE? SHE ACTUALLY ANSWERED THE DOOR IN HER UNDERWEAR! WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT?" Oz screeched, as fed up as I was.]

     "Where the hell have you been, Samuel Winchester?" I yelled, slamming the door shut behind me, and trying to push away the boiling anger and jealousy.

     It was the first time he'd heard my voice in around two or three months, and he looked genuinely shocked to be seeing me, almost like I was a ghost.

     "Roslyn?" He asked softly, "How'd you find me?"

     "Shutup, Sasquatch, I never lost you. I know all your aliases." I huffed, crossing my arms, "I just kept my distance because I figured if you wanted me around you'd call! But guess who never called!"

     "I'm sorry!" He blurted, "I'm so sorry, okay? I couldn't— I couldn't call. I knew if I did I'd want to just drop everything and come and get you, but I just couldn't. I needed time."

     "We were supposed to stay together!" I croaked, "And you're cooped up in some shitty motel with a girl I've never met!"

     "Ros, Ros…" Sam immediately stood to his feet when he realized I was becoming hysterical, and approached me carefully, taking my face in his hands, "Calm down, okay? Talk to me. What's so important that you came and found me?"