3 - Taking a Ride

Charlotte

We drive to my apartment so I can collect my stuff.

My apartment is practically empty. There's a couch that came with the apartment, and an old tv in the living room. The kitchen has a little table and four chairs. My bedroom has a bed, a closet, and a record player.

"Just let me pack, then we can go wherever." I call out to them, heading into the bedroom.

I pull out my suitcase and pack my clothes. It doesn't take me too long because I don't have much. I pick up my crate full of records and head back out to them.

We head back to Andy's car, and pile in.

Andy is driving, Dave is in the passenger seat, and I'm in the back between Alan and Martin.

"Do you mind if I look?" Asks Martin, pointing to the record crate on my lap.

"Go ahead." I reply.

Martin and Alan start to go through my collection.

It isn't very large, but I see some nods of approval.

I have some Simple Minds, The Smiths, Duran Duran, David Bowie, and Queen records. They roll their eyes at the Duran Duran ones.

"It was a present!" I protest!

(quick a/n I like Duran Duran a lot, but I saw that Andy a long time ago made a comment about Duran Duran so I'm including that. This is not my personal opinion)

They laugh when they find my Depeche Mode records.

I have Construction Time Again, Some Great Reward, and Catching Up With Depeche Mode.

They're surprised that I own them.

"We couldn't tell you were a fan," says Alan, looking the inside of Catching Up With. "I look drunk in that one, oh god."

"You probably were." Says Dave, turning around.

"Well, for the majority of the time I was in the hospital, I thought the drugs were making me crazy, being rescued by Depeche Mode and all," I say in response to Alan's statement.

They laugh.

"Well, it does sound pretty far-fetched when you say it like that," says Andy.

We all laugh again.

A little while later, Andy parks the car and we all get out. We're in front of a hotel.

"We're all staying here, and we have a room for you," Dave says, pulling my suitcase out of the trunk.

We all get on the elevator together, and Martin carries my records. He refuses to let me carry them in my "fragile" state.

I go into my hotel room and put my clothes in the dresser. I change out of the clothes I was discharged from the hospital in, and put jeans and a sweater.

I sit on the bed and think about the past few days. I'm snapped out of my daydreaming when I hear a knock on the door.

"Yes?" I call.

"It's us! We're going on a walk, do you want to come?" It's Martin.

I quickly get up and open the door.

"Sure!" I say.

The five of us leave the hotel and walk down the street.

I'm a big nervous to be out on the street again, even though I'm not alone.

Alan can tell by my demeanor and says, "Don't worry, you'll be safe with us."