Chapter one: Civil Heads

Alright guys! Chapter one is officially up! I'm sorry it took so long but I hope that this is worth the wait. Please re-read and enjoy! I appreciate comments and questions but no hate comments please. If you don't like it simply move onto something else.

Word count: 2,984 words.

Chapter one: Civil Heads

Hermione

"Who are you wanting to be Head Boy 'Mione?" Ginny asks, nudging me when Professor McGonagall finishes reading the last first year to be sorted.

"I don't know. Honestly I don't care as long as I'm able to be civil with them." I respond with a small shrug of my shoulders.

"So that crosses Malfoy off the list." Ginny chuckles breathlessly.

I glare in her direction. "Yes that crosses Malfoy off the list."

      Ginny turns towards the front of the Great Hall once more once McGonagall calls for silence. "As your Headmistress, I'd like to welcome you all to a first or new school year here at Hogwarts." McGonagall pauses as the lower classes clap enthusiastically while the higher classes lower their heads and murmur amongst themselves. "Now, we must go through the rules once more: don't go into the Forbidden Forest, curfew is at ten o'clock sharp, breakfast begins at eight o'clock and classes start at 8:30. Prefects have gotten their letters in the mail, Heads have gotten theirs as well but they don't know who the other is. Heads share a tower separate from their house or houses yet they must go to classes like everyone else, there are no special privileges except for your own tower and dorm. I will call up the Head Girl and then the Head Boy and we will begin our feast. Heads you will stay after the feast to receive your password to your tower." McGonagall says. "The Head Girl is Hermione Granger from Gryffindor."

My table erupts into cheers and I blush deeply, my red cheeks rivaling against my own house colors. I stand up as people clap and encourage me forwards towards the front. Once at the front I smile slightly at McGonagall. "Hello Professor."

"Hello Miss Granger." McGonagall smiles fondly at me as well. "Are you ready to meet the Head Boy and your roommate?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." I reply, turning towards the crowd and holding my breath as I look out into the crowd.

McGonagall turns towards the crowd as well and scans it to find her desired target. "The Head Boy is Draco Malfoy from Slytherin."

     I could've sworn my heart stopped in that moment. Are you serious right now? I feel my stomach doing unpleasant flips and my cheeks deepen in color. Not of embarrassment but quiet fury. Draco stands up from his place at the very back of the Great Hall and shuffled over to the front with his eyes trained on McGonagall's and his hands are ever so slightly clenched. He's attempting to keep up his own appearance. I scoff to myself. Can't even show his real emotion..such a prat. Draco's table has a quiet and reserved applause and I can definitely tell they don't agree one bit. Gryffindor gasp throughout the room and then there's silence. "Mr. Malfoy." McGonagall greets quietly.

"Professor." Draco nods his head in greeting.

"You guys know each other so there's no need to really introduce yourselves. Remember to come back at the end of the feast for your password." McGonagall tells us sternly. "I expect you to behave yourselves."

"Yes Professor." We echo.

"Ladies and gentlemen, these are your Heads. Treat them with respect and yet like any other student." McGonagall says. "You may be dismissed you two."