Chapter Four

Mackenzie's POV

"Mack, wait up!" I turned to see my only friend, Keigan Peterson.

"Hey, Keigs." I said.

"You alright? You look a little sick."

"Just fine."

"Then why are you holding onto your head?"

"Just a slight headache." I lied.

"Alright. Do you want to come over after school?"

"Uh, sure?"

"Sure? Are you positive you're okay?"

"I'm fine!" I argue.

"Alright. I think you might be getting sick though. You look pale, as if you were going to throw up."

"Look, Keigan, I am fine!"

"Okay, whatever."

"Well, we should get to class."

"Yeah, I'll see you at lunch?"

"Yeah. Bye, Keigs."

"See you, Mack."

I walked to my locker and grabbed my things. First class today is Science.

"Class, today we have a new student. Please take a seat next to Mackenzie. Mackenzie, show him where you are." I raised my hand to show him.

"No way!" He shouted. "You're on Dance Moms!"

"You watch it?" I asked surprised.

"Totally. You're Maddie's little sister right?"

"Um, yeah, Maddie's little sister."

"Oh my gosh you're so lucky! It must be amazing getting to be her sister. She's gorgeous."

"Yeah."

"Sorry. Um, Mikayla right?"

"Actually, it's Mackenzie." I said with a fake smile.

"Oh, sorry. Well, I'm Isaac." He reached out his hand for me to shake it but I refused. "Okay."

Science went by pretty quick.

"Um, I'll see you around?" Isaac asked.

"Sure."

Isaac wasn't super cute but he wasn't bad. He had dark blonde hair, that flowed freely to the left, which matched his blue eyes. He was super tall, maybe 5'9. (Isaac's in the sidebar>)

After a long day at school, I finally make it to my locker. I always have to stay longer than anyone else because I have to clean lunch tables, so nobody is around. Keigan goes home then meets me back here when I come over, which I am today. She should be here any minute.

"So, you think you're all cool just because you're on some stupid tv show?" I turned and saw Miranda Stahley.

"Um, do I know you?" Well, I know her but I didn't think she knew me.

"Shut up! I asked you a question!"

"I really don't need to give you am answer!" I yelled as I shut my locker. I threw my back pack over my shoulder and tried to walk away.

"No. Answer my question!" She said as she grabbed my shoulder and shoved me into the locker.

"I don't think I'm cool because I'm on a tv show. Why do you ask?" I said trying to not to get mad.

"You're pathetic. You'll never be like your sister, you know that?"

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I saw you flirting with the new guy. It's funny because he didn't even know your name. You're not good enough for him and I know he'll never date you. But I still want you to stay away from him or else."

"Or else?"

"Yes, or else!"

"I don't take that as a threat. You don't scare me."

"Are you sure about that?"

"I can insure you I'm not." I smiled.

"Maybe this'll change your mind." She laughed.

She stepped back and pushed me again into the locker.

"I wouldn't do that again if I were you." I whispered.

"Do what? This?" She pushed me again.

"I told you not to."

"What are you going to do about it!?" She yelled. She pushed me again.

I tried to keep my cool but I lost it. I lunged towards her and toppled onto her. Before I could do anything, two of her friends pulled me off.

One of them twisted my arm backwards while the other just held me.

"You almost had me there." Miranda chuckled as she got up.

"You call me pathetic? You're having two of your girls hold me. I'd say you're just a wimp." I giggled.

"A wimp? No!" She yelled. She reached back and she hit me in the nose. Blood started gushing down.

"You're so pathetic! You're a wimp! A wimp!" I screeched. "Fight me, one on one, right now!"

"I don't think so, little Kenzie." She smiled.

If I could just get into my back pack. I have a pocket knife. I really don't know why but I do.

"Kenzie?" Yes, Keigan! "What the? Miranda?"

"Go away, Keigan!" She shouted.

I nodded to Keigan. She knew what to do.

"You really jumped her? You guys are pathetic!" She walked up to Miranda and pushed her.

Then she punched one the girls and they both let go of me. I ran towards Miranda and hit her as hard as I could, square in the jaw.

"That's what you get!" I yelled.

"Big mistake!" She yelled back. She took out her phone and sent a message.

Two minutes later, about five other girls showed up.

"Crap." I muttered to myself.

"Told you. Big mistake."

"What do you have against me? We literally just met two minutes ago and you're jumping me? What the hell?"

"I'm not going to waste my time explaining to you. I'll make it simple, you're a nobody! You're known as Maddie's little sister! I'm popular, like in the movies!"

"Popular girls in the movies don't jump people, making it eight to two. Why are you so violent?"

"Doesn't matter. Can't you just shut up?"

"No, just leave us alone!"

"After this you won't be able to talk thank God."

I quickly reached back and grabbed my pocket knife out of my front pocket and flicked it open.

"Just leave us alone." I whispered.

"Mr. Buckles!" Miranda screamed.

"Yes?" He gasped. "You're Maddie's sister! What's your name?"

"Uh, Mackenzie."

"Put the weapon down now!"

"But I-"

"Now!" He yelled.

I could see Miranda smirking. At the same time, Keigan and I both ran out the door.

Votes and comments.. Some ideas for the next chapter?

💙Cailee