Chapter twenty one

Mackenzie's POV

Should I of just gone back to my parents? Did I make the right decision? Some one help me. I need help. If Maddie were here, she'd help me, she'd know what to do. If Maddie were here. IF Maddie were here. IF. I hate that word. If.

Here I am, sitting on the edge of a small twin bed covered with a thin, white sheet, purple blanket, and a single white pillow, with my head in my hands thinking about things. Across from me, wondering what the hell is wrong with me, is my 'roommate' named Brianna.

"Okay, you've been here for two days and haven't said a word to me! Look, I know what you're going through! I'm an orphan too, hello! Now speak to me, Mack!" She demanded.

I sighed before finally speaking,

"Don't call me 'Mack'."

"Okay. Mackenzie? Mackey? M-"

"How about you don't call me anything? Let's just forget about each other!" I said before getting up and opening the door.

I closed the door and turned around. I didn't just turn around, though, I ran into to something-somebody-hard.

"Mackenzie?" A familiar voice asked.

I smiled as I recognized the brown slight curls and big brown eyes. He smiled too. His braces. Everything. Logan.

"L-Logan? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Um, sorry for running into you like that, I don't know what I was thinking, I-"

"Logan, it's fine! What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you." He looked confused but faked a smile.

"I'm not allowed to have visitors."

"I know. I heard you speaking with someone. Who?"

"My roommate, Brianna."

"Roommate? You're supposed to be like mental or something."

"Mental? What if your sister died because of you? You'd do the same damn thing!" I said angrily.

"Hey, I didn't say I thought you were metal, I was just repeating what they said. Now, roommate?"

"She, uh, she's in the same condition as I am I guess." I don't know, I'll have to ask her sometime.

"Oh, well. How about I sneak you out of here and take you out for some coffee?" He asked sweetly.

"That'd be lovely," I smiled. "But I can't. We'll get caught."

"Trust me, we won't get caught." He grabbed my hand with his and pulled me along. "Just come, I promise." I smiled before reluctantly following him.

Any ideas for the next chapter? Thanks for all the support from everyone, I really appreciate it all!

Votes and comments!

💙Cailee