Dead Inside

***Ladies and gentlemen! A gentle reminder my work is not heavily edited! I have just been trying to get chapters out there so that I can go back and edit everything all at once! Thank you for your patience and comments they are very helpful! Please enjoy this next chapter <3***

Alucard's point of view:

Em's eyes opened.

Her beautiful amber and onyx lit up my murky world all over again.

"Em, your awake!" I was beyond happy that she was lively again.

I placed a hand on her cheek but she pulled away.

She groaned and tried to move her arm, only to push mine away.

"Em, its alright your safe now. Youre in med hall, we've been taking care of you. Try not to move around too much, your body still needs to heal." It was like she was afraid of my touch and it tore me into pieces.

She rolled onto her side and stared off into space.

"Are you hungry?" I wanted her to talk to me but she didn't say a word.

I stood up and walked out of the room.

I yanked out my cell phone and called Xavier. He picked up right away just like I knew he would.

"Brother, is she awake?" He asked before I could get any words out.

"Yes, she's awake. But it appears she is in a lot of pain. Em hasn't said a word." I really was worried about her.

"Has she eaten anything yet?" Apparently he was also worried.

"No, not yet. Could you do me a favor and look after her? I have a very important meeting with- you know who." I had received many offers on my beautiful Em at the ball.

Typically, vampires trade or sell their slaves and I had received an offer from a very powerful man. One that I could not just push away. I would have to have a long meeting about the reasons why she was not for sale. The reasons why Em was priceless.

"Yes brother, I will look after her. I'll protect her. Do you think he is the one who sent the kidnapper?" That was a very good question. This man could do almost anything, he had lots of money and control over other vampires.

"I don't know brother but I'll try to find out. Please go look after Em as soon as possible, I'm leaving her with a nurse now." I hung up the phone and went back into my flower's room.

"Em darling, I've got an important meeting. One that I cannot cancel. Xavier is coming to look after you now." I placed a hand on her shoulder and she flinched and pulled forward.

I could see her body shaking.

Out of fear? Pain? Cold?

"I'll be back as soon as I can, okay?" She didn't move a muscle.

I left the room and made my way into my gloomy office.

Where he was already waiting.

Xavier's point of view:

I made my way to med hall in no time.

I couldn't wait to see Em, hopefully she was doing much better.

I charged right into her room but her back was turned to the door.

"Hey Em." I spoke calmly and softly.

But she didn't say anything. She spoke no words.

"Al asked me to look after you for a little bit." I couldn't come up with anything more to say.