chapter 4

Shyloh dropped her flashlight as she clawed at the hand that held her throat. She couldn't see who had her, the man was in the shadows still and the flashlight she had dropped lay at his feet. She struggled, realizing her feet were no long on the ground. In fact from what she could see, she was a good three feet off the ground. It was getting harder and harder to breath and she was certain this man was going to kill her, that's when she went flying backwards. The man had thrown her across the room away from him. She hit the wall at full force and slide down to the floor. She raised her hand to feel the back of her head and winced at the pain. She had a gash in her head. She brought her hand back to look at it and saw in the pale moonlight, the blood that was there. She heard the man move and looked up. She gasped as she recognized who it was.

"Victor" Shyloh said softly. He growled at her, showing his fangs. She knew then that he had given in to his animal side. He had promised her that he wouldn't, but she assumed he also thought he'd never see her again. "Victor, you're not an animal." Her voice was soft. She had told him that many times before.

She stood up slowly, grabbing the wall to steady her when she felt slightly dizzy. His eyes followed her every motion as she went from standing against the wall to moving closer to him. She lifted her hand to touch his face, but he grabbed her wrist digging his nails into her flesh. She didn't indicate that it hurt as she raised her other hand. This time he didn't stop her. Her fingers rest against his cheek. Her eyes meet his, and he seemed to recognize her at that moment. He took his hand off her wrist and pushed it against her chest making her fall to the ground. He landed on top of her pressing his lips to hers. His kiss was animalistic, needy.

Shyloh woke up slowly and looked around her. She was lying naked in bed, a heavy weight over her waist. She rolled over and saw Victor lying next to her. She smiled softly before inching her way out of bed and moved to the bathroom. She winced in pain as she felt blood drip down her back. Her eyes adjusted to the sun that was pouring in the window and she turned slightly to look in the mirror. Her back was slashed up, her body bruised. She pulled on her bathrobe and made her way to the kitchen. As she worked to make breakfast, she hadn't heard Victor wake up. She turned and nearly dropped the cup of coffee she was holding. He was standing in the doorway with nothing but a pair of boxers on.

"You're bleeding" He said softly, watching her as she held out the cup for him. He took it and drank it.

"So I am," Shyloh shrugged and turned away. He could see the blood seeping through her robe. He came over to her and pulled the robe off her shoulders.

"Let me take care of that"

Shyloh's body hurt as she slowly opened her eyes. The sun was coming in and it was bright. Her head hurt as what happened the night before came back to her. She sat up slowly groaning against the light and the pain. She held her head until the room stopped spinning. Then she got up off the floor and found her bag. Her clothes from last night were ripped and sprawled all over the floor. She pulled out his shirt from her bag and pulled it on buttoning it up. She was alone in the house. She looked around and moved slowly out of the bed room. Her legs were sore, her body was bruised and she could feel the blood dripping down her back.

"Victor?" Shyloh called throughout the house. She remembered him being there last night. He had nearly killed her, but something had happened when she touched his face, like he suddenly remembered her touch. It was quiet in the house but she could hear in the distance the sound of wood being chopped.

Shyloh stepped out onto the porch. She crossed her arms across her chest holding his shirt close to her body as she looked around. The wood pile was behind the house, if she remembered correctly. She walked down the stairs of the porch and around to the back of the house. Fifty feet from the back of the house was Victor. He was leaning over, picking up a piece of wood. She watched as he brought the axe up to split the wood. He was wearing nothing but a pair of jeans. His chest glistened with sweat, his muscles moving as he picked up the axe and swung it down. If he noticed she was there, which he probably did, he hadn't made any indications.

"Victor" Her voice was soft this time, but he heard and he stopped in the middle of the swing, and put the axe down. He turned to look at her and she could see he was struggling to keep his animal side down inside him.