Chapter 5

Before we start I wanna thank all the readers for reading Revenge. I hope you are liking it. If you are loving this book so far press the star button there down. Love all of you😍😍

6 days later....

The courtroom was filled with a defeaning silence. A silence that needed answers. A silence that needed justice.
The funeral was over. The queen refused to talk. She was in utter shock.The kingdom was filled with darkness in this daylight.

Everything was over. The nation was now living a life of an orphan.

Margeret stood in the courtroom looking at the crown of the now late king intently. She went near it and touched it feeling the intricate designs. She gave a weak smile as an image of her father the king passed by.

Only two words were ringing in her mind 'king Braith'.
"King Braith?" She thought.

"You should be with the queen, princess." She looks up to see  Leo standing by one of the many pillars in the room.

"I was thinking about something, rather you can say about someone."

"That culprit Braith." He said with pure hatred in his words.

"Tell me about him. Each and every detail." She says focusing on the crown.
Leo sighs and says,"You don't need to get into all of this." He says with concern.
"How can you say like this?"She says raising her voice. "The king is beheaded. The princess is killed and you say I should not get into all of this?" She says giving a dry smile.

"If I am not the one who should get into this then who should? Tell me!" She says folding her hands.

"I am sorry princess but this is dangerous." He says.
"I want to know about king Braith. I just knew that there is a person with higher authority above my father. Whenever I asked him about this Braith he refused to answer my questions.
He didn't let me come to my own sister's wedding!" She says.

"Every action in this world has some or the other reason behind it. This deed of our king too had a reason."Leo says standing by her side.

The king kept some things hidden from Margeret for her own safety. She was not aware of what dangers  reside in this world. As if she was living in some another world.
The people around her were strictly forbidden to speak about King Braith in her presence.
But somehow she got got to know some details about him. The wedding was a major thing which was hard for the king to hide and so Margeret got to know about Braith.

"I want to know." She pleaded.

"King Braith, is the sole ruler of this world. All other kings work under him paying a certain amount as a gift to their Lord the king. He is the total opposite of his father Alexander II. He imposed several rules on the common people.
No one is allowed to go against him. If he says that Sun is Moon you have to believe it without asking a question."

Margeret was hearing each and every word of Leo carefully. Trying to process the information she was being feeded.

"But here we the northeastern part of the world. Our kingdom Haiti do not work under him. Our collective group is called as the rebel group. King Braith has tried a lot of times to make us bend our knees before him. But we are we. We won't budge. So he did this gruesome work to make us weak. He used Bethony to threaten us to blackmail us. But as this technique of him wasn't working and Bethony was of no use to him, he killed her."

"But she was killed by some enemies.." "No dear Margeret. He killed her. You don't know him. Nobody knows him perfectly.

"She was his wife for God's sake!!" Margeret shouts unable to control her anger over the king.

"The letter, it mentioned something about some grand occasion right?" She says looking at Leo.
"Yes, the king was called for a meeting in Bruges. But as you see our king isn't..." "I know." Margeret says sadly.

"We don't have to go. We are not one of those cowards who take orders from a monster like him." Leo says sternly.

"We will go."

"No Margeret, the queen is not in a condition to go out of the palace. And don't expect this from me." He says looking in her eyes.

"Then I will."

Ohh sorry for this short chapter.😣😣. I promise next chapter will be a long one. Keep voting and commenting.