'An Hai, your father is waiting in the living room,' Mai Fang said.

Luo An Hai was suspicious why Mai Fang was smiling if her father was going to lecture her.

Luo An Hai walked to the living room. Why was her father drinking tea with Han Ting Hua?

'Why are you standing?' Luo Cheng Hua asked. 'Have you seen the latest magazine articles?'

'Yes,' Luo An Hai said and sat on the sofa.

'Did Mark do anything to hurt you?' Luo Cheng Hua asked.

Luo Cheng Hua wanted to kill Mark after he saw the magazine headlines.

'Did he touch you?' Luo Cheng Hua asked. 'If he did, I'll make him suffer. No one can save him.'

Luo An Hai was speechless. Her father was worried about her instead of lecturing her. It was an unfamiliar feeling to see her father worry about her.

Luo Cheng Hua didn't know how to act seeing his daughter look surprised.

'In the future avoid going to seedy places,' Luo Cheng Hua said and cleared his throat. 'Stay for dinner. Mai Fang bought ingredients this morning to make your favorite dishes.'

'An Hai, don't listen to your father,' Mai Fang said. 'Your father woke me up early this morning and dragged me to buy ingredients to make your favorite dishes.'

Luo Cheng Hua escaped to his study room out of embarrassment.

'An Hai, look at your father's shy back,' Mai Fang teased.

Luo An Hai saw her father's rigid back and legs running for the first time. It was a bitter sweet moment. She turned around and smiled at Mai Fang for the first time in two lifetimes.

Mai Fang received Luo An Hai's smile after many years, and tears swelled up in her eyes.

'I... I need to check on dinner,' Mai Fang said. 'An Hai, wait here with Xiao Hua. Dinner will be ready soon.'

Luo An Hai couldn't believe the woman she hated for many years was deeply moved after receiving a smile from her.

'A miracle happened,' Han Ting Hua said, watching Mai Fang run to the kitchen. 'Luo An Hai, you smiled at my mother. Did you forget to wear thorns today?'

'Why are you here?' Luo An Hai asked.

Luo An Hai was planning to take revenge on Han Ting Hua, but seeing him again after avoiding him since that night, her revenge plans melted.

'My mother asked me to come home for dinner,' Han Ting Hua said.

Han Ting Hua knew Luo An Hai was avoiding him. Dinner at the Luo Mansion was his chance to see her.

Luo An Hai stood to hide in her bedroom, but Han Ting Hua followed her upstairs.

'Luo An Hai, what are you scared of?' Han Ting Hua asked.

'Nothing,' Luo An Hai said.

Luo An Hai wanted to close her bedroom door, but Han Ting Hua's leg was in the way. She kicked his leg, he dodged her kick.

'What do you want?' Luo An Hai asked.

'You're tensed and scared,' Han Ting Hua said. 'You always avoid eye contact and fist your hands whenever you're tensed and scared.'

Han Ting Hua played with Luo An Hai's hair. 'Luo An Hai, what are you running from?'

'I don't have time to listen to rubbish,' Luo An Hai said.