LMA – Chapter Five

Han Ting Hua didn't know why he didn't want Luo An Hai to let go of him. He impulsively chased after her and took possession of her car. His mind was completely blank that he didn't have a destination in mind so he drove her to her penthouse.

Inside her penthouse, he didn't expect homey furnishings and soft colors. It was too huge for just one person to live inside. An open living room, aquarium, bar and kitchen on the first floor. Upstairs had three bedrooms and bathrooms.

'Sit down already,' she said from the sofa and pointed at the first aid kit on the coffee table.

First aid kit? He didn't know when she started growing sympathy. What if she wanted revenge because he drove her car? Revenge or no revenge, he sat on the sofa next to her.

'Arm,' she said.

He felt like he was having a heart attack. She was actually treating his wound. It was the first time they sat side by side, and he could count her long eyelashes.

She tightened the bandage around the wound she cleaned on his right arm when he stared at her for too long.

'Take off your shirt,' she said.

'Why?' he asked. 'Where are you hiding the real Luo An Hai?'

'Hurry up and take off your shirt,' she said.

He took off his shirt while she went to bathroom. She returned with a wet towel.

'Show me your back,' she said.

He showed his back to her, and she gently cleaned the wound on his back.

'Why are you an idiot?' she asked. 'I know how to dodge a hot teapot.'

'What about hot water?' he asked. 'You're a woman. I didn't want you to receive burns on your skin.'

'Idiot,' she whispered and dabbed the wet towel hard on his back.

'Ouch, that hurts,' he said.

She did take revenge, his back stung.

'If you love playing the hero, pain is nothing to you,' she said.

He didn't care if she was taking petty revenge on him. When he was ten, he got beaten up to save her, but she didn't bandage his injuries like how she was killing him with kindness on the sofa.

'Call a truce with uncle Luo,' he said.

'Isn't being a hero enough for you?' she asked. 'Now you want to be a meddler too?'

'Luo An Hai, do you understand what it means to be reasonable?' he asked.

She crossed her arms. 'Say what you want to say.'

'Every birthday gift you gave uncle Luo, he keeps it in a locked chest,' he said. 'Every day uncle Luo takes out the ship models you gave him, and he checks for scratches.'

She was speechless at her father's habit.

'Since you've been gone, uncle Luo eats dinner late,' he said. 'Uncle Luo sits in the living room staring at the front door. He doesn't need to open his mouth for us to know he's waiting for you to come home to eat dinner. Your father does care about you, he just doesn't know how to act around you to show that he cares about you. And you haven't given your father a chance-'

'Enough,' she said.

'Luo An Hai, you can hate me and my mother,' he said. 'But your father isn't your enemy. He's at an advanced age-'