Chapter 17: Invalid

(A/N I'm just telling you now. I couldn't stop smiling this chapter. It was just too much. I couldn't stop.)
Aurora's POV

'I must not rebel against Headmistress Dolores Jane Umbridge.' The words in my hand bled bright red blood. I looked up, throwing a death glare at Umbridge as she sat in Dumbledore's chair, sipping her tea, wearing what looking like a pink wooly mammoth bathrobe.

Detention was over and I stood up along with everybody else walking out.

Cho Chang stood outside. People walked right past her, slapping there shoulders into her and completely ignoring her. She tried to talk to Harry but he just walked away. She looked to me, "Aurora, please-"

"I have to go. Harry's probably really upset. He won't want to talk."

I went to walk away but she said, "Harry doesn't love you. So you should stop pretending he does." I stopped turning around and retorting, "And he loves you?" She was quiet, looking at the ground, and I nodded, "You should really watch what you say. I may not be like most Slytherins but I do have a temper. And you don't want to mess with me." She looked to my eyes from the floor again and I rose an eyebrow to test her than walked away.

Almost the whole Gryffindor common room was quiet, most of them just coming from detention. I looked to Hermione, "Where's Harry?"

Hermione sighed, "He went to the Quidditch Pitch." I nodded, sitting down and Ron suddenly said, "Aurora, you should go talk to him." I looked at him confused and he nodded, "You're usually pretty good at calming him down. It would probably do him some good." I was hesitant then asked, "You think so?" He nodded, "He's at the Quidditch Pitch. He's probably sitting on the stands tossing the quaffel up an down." I sighed, then nodded standing up and walking out of the Gryffindor common room.

I walked out of the castle, past Hagrid's hut and to the Quidditch Pitch.

I don't know why I'm doing this....

He's going to think I stalk him...

But Ron said it'd be good for me to come and "help him." Let's see how this goes... If this goes well then we're alright. If it doesn't on the other hand.... Like Ron said, Harry was sitting in the stands, tossing the quaffel up and down. I walked up the stands and Harry made a tiny smile, "Hey."

I smiled then stopped, "If you want to be alone, I'll leave. Ron said it was good idea for me to see if you're okay." He shook his head, "Nah, it's alright. I was hoping you'd come." I was surprised but kept walking, sitting next to him and letting us sit in the silence. Suddenly he sighed, "I really thought Cho was okay. I truly thought she wouldn't tell."

I shrugged, "Well, I think we all have our not-so-finest-hour." He laughed, shaking his head. I looked at him confused, "What?"

He shook his head, "You just make me laugh." I made a tiny smile and he sighed again, "But I'm serious. I really thought she was nice. And now it's all my fault we're all in trouble." I shook my head, "Harry, don't beat yourself up about it. I mean, you're Harry Potter. You'll find a girl who's everything. Who's nice and brave and funny and-"

"Like you?"

"Yeah, like-"

I stopped myself and re-tracked on what he had said. 'Like you?' I looked at him surprised, "What?"

He nodded, "A girl who's nice and brave and funny and everything I like." I couldn't say anything.

I was too shocked.

He smiled, cupping my face in his hand. My breath hitched and he gently kissed my lips. I was still too shocked to do anything.

He pulled away and I just stared back at him, "Did you just...?"