C H A P T E R | T H R E E

HERMIONE SAT BETWEEN Draco and Shannon, wishing she were anywhere else in the world. All of the middle age (re: old) and elderly (re: really old) people had gone to this golf club at some country club and everyone around her age were eating at this extremely elegant (re: overly expensive) restaurant uptown.

Hermione really would have settled for a trip to McDonalds for the amount of good this food did her. She had been starving since she'd had to skip lunch. Then the entire company had had to wait for an hour for their food to arrive. Luckily, they'd called earlier and made reservations, otherwise there would have been an even longer wait.

Now that the food was here, there was enough of it to maybe fill her cat's stomach halfway. Honestly, did all incredibly rich people starve?

Apparently so. Shannon and Vanessa hardly ever ate anything, claiming it would ruin their physique. They had barely eaten three bites of what passes as a meal here. The two Cullens never ate, ever, obviously, if Hermione's suspicions were correct. And she was pretty sure they were, since Draco got the same feeling around them. Draco picked at his food, like he always had since his sixth year.

The only ones who seemed as disappointed as Hermione were Annabeth and Percy, who, once again like Hermione, had cleaned their plates about ten minutes ago and were looking wistfully at the plates which Bella and Edward had ordered but hadn't touched.

"So, where do you two live?" Hermione jumped slightly as Vanessa broke her out of her food consumption thoughts. Vanessa had addressed Percy and Annabeth.

"We both live here, in New York," said Percy.

"Yeah," Annabeth continued, "We honestly could have stayed at our own homes and just shown up to family events at the assigned time, but Dad made me come so I could get the full 'family reunion experience.' Almost as if he thought I wanted to be here in the first place." She looked pointedly towards Vanessa, Shannon, and Kyle.

Shannon didn't miss her point. "So," she said, a bit accusingly, "Where did you two meet? A reform school?" she added sweetly.

"We met at this summer camp we both go to," said Percy, acting like he hadn't noticed the rude way Shannon had asked them, "When we were twelve."

"Isn't that the same time that you were on the run from the police?" asked Kyle, confused.

"Yep," said Percy, grinning.

"Well, now that we know about you, what about Hermione and Draco? How did you meet?" piped up Bella, breaking through the tension. Well scratch that: stopping the Reynolds' not-so-subtle attempts of creating tension that Percy had so effortlessly diverted.

"Well, Drake and I went to the same boarding school--" Hermione began.

"The one in Scotland?" interjected Shannon.

"Yes, the one in Scotland," said Draco a bit irritably. "What other boarding school did she attend?"

"We went to the same boarding school," continued Hermione, as if nothing had happened, "And pretty much hated each other for the first six years. We finally became friends and started dating in our seventh year." She left out that their seventh year came a year late, seeing as Hermione was off hunting for horcruxes with Harry and Ro--

No, don't think his name, thought Hermione urgently to herself. She tried to always blot out that no good, rotten, cheating Weasley that she had once fallen for.

"What about you and Edward, Bella?" asked Annabeth. She didn't really appear that interested, just as though she wanted to keep the conversation going away from any awkward silences. Bella seemed to take a moment to gather her thoughts.

"After my mom remarried, I moved to Forks to live with Charlie," she said. "I met Edward there, and we fell in love," said Bella, smiling at said man-- no, not man, he wasn't human. Smiling at said male as she finished.

"And we don't have to ask about you three, since no one has decided to show any interest in you," finished Annabeth cheerfully, smiling innocently at the Reynolds.

After dinner was done and two cat fights had been narrowly avoided, the reunion crew found themselves back in the Kingston Hotel lobby, exchanging good nights before heading to their rooms.

Just as Hermione was going towards the elevators, she heard a voice say "Annabeth," and realized that the room had gone silent. Everyone turned around to see a magnificent woman with long, brown hair and piercing gray eyes. Hermione heard a groan, and turned to see Annabeth give a reluctant,

"Mom?"

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling does. I do not own Twilight, Stephanie Meyer does. I do not own Percy Jackson, Rick Riordan does.