Chapter Two

A week goes by filled with the same everyday routines. Right now I am helping Vicky polish all of the flower vases around the house. There is 27 of them in total.

We just get finished with the last one when Brandon strolls into work room where we are.

"I need yalls help. Which color suits me better?" He holds up a burgundy tie next to an aqua blue tie next to his neck.

He's wearing a white dress shirt and khaki shorts. He must have went through the back way to get in here so no one would see him. At least I hope so.

"B, I hope you know how tacky you look." I tell him honestly, pointing to his shorts.

His mouth forms into a mischievous grin. "Yup. Maybe I should show up to dinner like this."

The Huntingtons invited another family over for dinner tonight. Their a rich family too. According to what Holly, another maid here overheard, Mr. Huntington is trying to find suitable woman for Brandon and Jayden. I know for sure that this dinner won't end well. And I'm not worried about Brandon causing a scene, its Jayden that will start the problems. He refuses every girl his father tries to set him up with.

Vicky stands and steps up to him to examine each one of them closer. She pretends like she's really thinking hard, but I know her well enough to know shes not.

"Neither one makes you look smarter." she shrugs and returns back to start putting the vases on the rolling cart.

We need to put them back before Mrs Huntington comes in here asking for them.

I chuckle at Vicky's answer. "B, go with which ever one you like best." I tell him honestly.

"Ok. Neither it is. I rather not even do this tonight." He comes to the table and plops down onto the seat Vicky was previously using.

"Why not?" I ask, knowing the answer.

He shakes his head. "Dad is mad with Jayden because he won't do anything with his life. Nobody understands my brother, not even me. So dad called a friend and his family over for dinner. This guy has a daughter his age so he wants to try to set him Jayden up with her. I know it wont work. Jayden is too much of a party person and a player." He lets out a breath and continues.

"All he's going to do is ruin dinner. He will start an argument and cause a scene and I hate being in the same place when he does. Nobody can control him."

"A good slap in the face might." Vicky pipes.

"Doubt it." Brandon responds.

"Maybe one day he will change." I didn't know Jayden well so that's all I can say.

"Maybe. Well I should go finish getting ready." He stands up.

"The Aqua blue tie." I tell him before he walks away.

He turns back and sends me a smile. "I think so too. I'll see ya later." He says before leaving the room.

Vicky pushes a cart covered with vases over to me. I didn't even realize she has already filled both carts up. We both walk out and begin putting the vases back where they go.

Hours later, the dinner has already started. The staff remain in the kitchen, except Joey. He has to stand in the dinning room at a distant for when he is needed. It must not have been going well because I can hear Mr Huntington already yelling at Jayden.

Awhile later, I get called out to clean the table. All the guest are gone. Tiffany and Vicky were already called to collect the places, glasses and silverware so its my job to clean up afterward.