Part 5

We sat around the fire talking before a group of girls stomped over to us. "You got to be kidding me, you stole her from under us Emilia! And you just let her Liam."

"I didn't do anything; I had orders to let whoever got to her first to take her in, Emilia and Bekka got here first. You lost, Brooke." He explained. I looked at him wondering what was going on.

"The girls here have two separate packs. In ways, it's between the good and the bad. If you wear the black diamonds, you're good. Brooke and them, well they wear blood diamonds. You're grandpa asked me to not get involved but hoped Emilia and Bekka would get to you first." He explained.

"Are you in a special pack?" I asked.

"The guys have one pack. You're in it or you're not. I am in it and one of the higher up wolves actually. You're grandpa is our leader." He explained pulling me in close. Brooke and her girls stormed off without another word.

"Is that why everyone looks at me weird, because I'm a Jensen girl and I'm supposed to lead the pack?" I asked.

"Yes Cassidy. We are ready to follow you when you take over." Bekka said.

"Who am I kicking out of power then?"

"Right now, we just all take the power. As a democracy of sorts, when you are ready to take ahold of the power it's yours." She finished explaining. Liam looked at me and I fell into his chest, he wrapped his arms around me and I felt him tense in pain.

"Oh damn, I'm sorry your ribs!" I pulled away.

"No, it's okay. They're almost healed." He smiled hiding the pain that was so evident in his eyes.

"Don't lie. C'mon it's getting late; we should get you home so you can rest." I said standing up and offering my hand. I assisted him to his feet and we headed home.

When we pulled into the drive way, something didn't feel right. The lights were on inside, the guys told me to stay in the truck and they would go inside and take a look around. It took a few minutes before I became impatient and got out. I stood for a few seconds just moments before I heard the gunshots. I ran into the house and started yelling for Liam to answer me. "Cassidy go by the truck. Stay outside." Finn yelled from the second floor. I disobeyed and followed his voice up to the stairs.

The door was ajar as I walked half way down the hall. "There's too much blood, Roy what do we do?" I pushed the door open and saw Parker on the floor and Liam's feet popping out from behind the bed.

"Liam!" I jumped over Parker and to Liam. On his stomach, he was unconscious but breathing.

"He's okay, just knocked out. He hit his head against the wall. Take him to your room while Finn and I get rid of this body." My grandpa ordered. I pulled his limp body to have him on his feet and over my shoulder. Being a wolf has its advantages.

With Liam tucked into my bed, I went to find grandpa. He was just walking into the house with Finn as I came to the stairs. "Is Parker dead?"

"Yes Cassidy. He came for you but found me, he tried to kill me but Finn and Liam came in. He threw Liam against the wall which knocked him out. Go up and stay with him and I'll be in to check his head." He explained. I nodded and went back to my room. I went to my bed and sat down by Liam.

"Hey babe, time to wake up." I whispered sweetly as I started stroking his forehead. His lips parted a little as he squirmed under the blanket.

"My head is pounding." He said hoarsely.

"Yeah, grandpa said you got thrown pretty hard against the wall. Does anything else hurt?" I asked.

"My shoulder is sore, I can't move my arm." He said as if he was just realizing it.

"Okay, just stay still and grandpa will check it when he gets in here." I answered as he came into the room. I told him what Liam said and helped him set the shoulder.

"Just keep your eyes on Cassidy. And stay as still as possible." Roy said as he took ahold of Liam's shoulder and arm. "On three, one, two." He didn't wait for three. In one graceful motion, he popped the dislocated shoulder back into the socket and rested his arm over his chest. "I will go get a sling and be right back."

"Thatsucked worse than being shot." He tried to joke through the pain. Grandpa cameback with the black sling and fit Liam's arm into it and left to let him rest.    }��}>