Cafe Scene.

It smelt of coffee.

Naturally, for she is in coffee shop.

Where, supposedly, she is meeting her boyfriend of almost a year now, Alden.

The superstar? Yep, that's him.

The other half of AlDub? Yep, that's him.

The insanely famous actor? Yep, that's him.

She looks at her watch, for only God knows how many times now, and sees that the small hand is almost reaching the tiny number seven while the long hand is dragging itself to the number twelve.

7 o'clock. Almost.

But...
"Alas singko ah". He said.
"I'll be there." He said.
"Don't be late." He said.

She reaches for her half-full glass of iced latte and sips her slightly diluted beverage. One... Two... So, this is her third one, eh?

Ah... She'll definitely make him pay for these, definitely.

With a few sips she finally empties the third glass.

She is playing with ice cubes and the straw when she felt someone tap her shoulder.

Giddy, she turns and shouts, "ALDEN!"

But instead of her boyfriend's handsome face, she sees her father understanding one.

"Meng... Halika na... Uuwi na tayo."

"Ha? Tatay? Anong ginagawa niyo dito? 'Tay naman, nagpaalam naman po ako 'ba? Sabi ko magkikita kami ni Alden."

"Meng. Uuwi na tayo." Says Colleen.

"Huh? Eh magkikita nga kami ni Alden. Darating yun. Late lang yun kasi may taping siya. 'Nay..." She says looking at her mother who's on the verge of crying.

"'Nay bakit ka umiiyak?"

"Meng..." Croaks her mother.

"Meng..." It's one of her brothers. "Meng 5 years nang patay si Alden."

"Ha? ANO BA YANG SINASABI MO, NICO?" She shouts at her brother.

But it is her father who replies, "Meng, matagal nang patay si Alden. Car crash. Papunta sana siya dito, magkikita kayo nung araw na yun, anak. Pero bumangga sa truck yung kotse niya..."

"Hindi..." Tears begin falling down her cheeks.

"Tay, hindi pwede yon! 'Nay sabihan niyo si tatay hindi totoo yun. Hindi pa patay si Alden." She says histerically while holding her mother's hand.

Everyone just looks at her with sympathy. Some even have tears in their eyes.

She looks at them all. Her tears unstoppable.

The ice cubes on her glass have melted now. The diluted brownish liquid was the last she saw before the darkness invaded her conciousness.

And all was black.

Richard Faulkerson Jr.
Date of Birth: January 2, 1992.
Date of Death: July 16, 2018.
Forever in the hearts of the people who love him.

It's the same scenario now for 4 years. The first year it was a mess. And everyone knew of the scandal she made when her family came to pick her up. So, after that, every year, on 16th of July, the whole cafe will be reserved for just one girl. A girl who is still waiting for her love because he said he'd come.

But he never will.

So don't bother to go to that cafe if it's July 16. It will be closed. For a waiting girl.