Remember

As I charge down the corridor, the thundering of foundation personnel all around me, I look to my left and see, for the briefest of moments, a black portal open on the wall. I increase my pace just when this- this thing jumps out of the portal, flying through the air. It latches on to a guard, and with it's momentum carrying it to the wall, another portal opens up for the guard carrying, what looks like a corpse thing, to disappear into it.
       The battle cries slowly melt into screams of panic as that thing keeps abducting more and more guards at random. I lower my head, keep running, hope to whoever the hell is in charge of this fucked-up universe that I make it through this.
        I look to my left just in time to see Logan being snatched feet-first by the jumper - corpse. As Logan shoots by me, I reach out and grab him, hooking my arms under his shoulders, and brace my feet against the cold metal wall, already denting it.
       Logan's screaming fills my ears as I struggle against a strength a creature of that size should not have, until eventually, Logan comes free. I fall back to the floor with a grunt and Logan lands on top of me. I look up to see that my beloved Logan is safe when the picture before me processes, showing me that Logan's bottom half is completely missing. I scream and move to put pressure on his wounds, blood spewing from them like a fire hydrant. In my head, I already know that he is lost, but my body refuses to accept it. I continue to move to help, until Logan's harmonious voice, laced with pain, stops me.
     "Ryder, listen to- *cough* me. You have the key, the code- *cough* is two-seven-two-nine-four-three-eight-one. You know- *cough* what to do-"
      "No! Don't you die on me!" He can't! He can't! But deep down, I know he can. His pulse is already weakening, I'm going to lose him soon.
      "Listen to me Ryder- *cough* I want you to do one- *cough* last thing for me, Kay?" Tears streaming down my face, I finally accept that this is the end of the line for him. Sobbing, I reply
       "Y-yes! Anything" His voice fading, his eyes far off, he whispers out three final words,
        "Remember me"

        "Remember"