First Meeting

"Mom I'm fine ,Lily's mom just picked us up,she is going to drop me home now."I explained trying to calm her down,she was constantly calling to ensure that I was in a good state.I couldn't blame her,she was  entrusting me to a total stranger.

She had literally called twice every hour since her arrival at Waterloo,my new home.

I had agreed to Ben's proposal to  stay back an extra day to say goodbye to Lily while Jace would be escort home.

"Call me when Jace picks you up,love you."she said with a hint of worry in her voice.

"Stop worrying,I will call."I said hoping to ease her panic.

As I cut the call,I looked up from my phone to notice Lily studying me with an incredulous look on her face.

"What?"I asked.

"Who is this Jace guy?"she inquired curiously.

" Bridgette's son."

"You mean to say you have a step brother!"she exclaimed her eyes widening as she grabbed my hands in excitement.

"Its not that big of a deal."I replied rolling my eyes at her.I couldn't understand what she was so excited about.

"What if he is a total hottie."she pointed out with a huge grin plastered on her face,her eyes lighting up as if she just pictured Jace in her head without even seeing him once in her life.

Well..I hadn't really thought of that.What if he really was good looking?

"He could be alot older than me."I mumbled,more to myself than to her.

"Really?Didn't you say Bridgette looked pretty young."

Leave it to Lily to make sense of everything,sigh.

"We're here."Lily's mom said with a warm smile on her face.

"Is that the car."Lily shouted getting even more excited.

My eyes followed her gaze in mere curiousity ,what I saw next almost made me fall of the seat.

Was that the new LaFerrari and a red at that too!God it looked like a sweet ride.

"Is your step brother a Billionaire!"Lily screeched.Well considering the last house I saw my dad in,it shouldn't surprise me at the vehicle Jace was driving.

I watched as the car door opened and looked on anxiously to see who would be my new step brother.

Oh.My.

Oh.My.God!

My breath caught in my throat, as my eyes widened and my heart beat accelerated.I couldn't believe my eyes,please don't let him be my step brother.

The guy was pass good looking,everything about him screamed hot.

"Oh my God,I can't believe my eyes,Is that him?"Lily asked just as shocked as I was.

"I hope not."I whispered back at her.We both continued to stare at him as he leaned back against his car,his eyes searching his surroundings,hands in his pocket.

"He is pass handsome and why are we whispering?"

Why was I whispering?He definitely couldn't hear or see us since we were still seated in the car.

"I don't know!"I whispered back.

"You're doing it again,I think Jace already has an effect on you."Lily said with a giggle.

"No he doesn't,I'm just surprised at the cool car."

Yeah,that would work,just like me to blame it on the car!

"What are you girls giggling about in the back there ?"Lily's mother questioned with a quirked eyebrow.

"Nothing mom,Leah was just telling me that she can't wait to introduce us to Jace!"

"Yeah...wait....what?"I asked as I narrowed my eyes at Lily,realising she had something up her sleeve.

How could I introduce them if I myself didn't know the guy.I was absolutely sure that I would embarrass myself soon.It was a norm for me to act like a total idiot in front of cute guys.

"Well what are you girls waiting on."Lily's mom said smiling to herself.

"Yeah Leah what are you waiting on?"Lily teased.

"Remind me again why we are friends."I said with a groan.

She just looked at me and smiled,a wicked expression on her face and I couldn't help but smile back.

I opened the car door and forced my feet to move out of the car,they didn't seem to want to move however ,what was wrong with me?

I looked back to see Lily trailing right behind me with a nervous expression on her face.

"Look who's affected by Jace now!"I smirked.

"No I'm not!"she pressed .

"He isn't all that you know."I said ,even though I knew that wasn't true,it was the biggest lie of the century.

I saw her eyes widen at something behind me and her cheeks turn pink,what did she see?

"What?"I asked studying her expression.

"Um Leah..you might want to turn around."she suggested.

Turn around?Why on earth would I do that?

As soon as I turned around however I knew why ,he was right in front of me!

Jace was right in front of me!Deep ocean blue eyes glared at me,the look so dangerously hot that I had to hold back the small whimper that threatened to escape my mouth.

Did he just hear our conversation about him?Oh boy was I in trouble,what a wonderful way to start a relationship. Sigh..I could tell this was going to be a long drive home.

"Are you Leah?"he asked in a deep sexy voice,his tone sounding rough..what was his problem?

Why did I even just ask that,obviously his problem was that I just called him and I quote 'Not all that'.

"Um...yeah..ugh..hi!"I stuttered,my cheeks heating up under his intense stare.

" I'm Jace Patterson.Are you ready to leave?"he asked impatiently as if he had somewhere to go and I was keeping him back.

"Yes,let me just say goodbye to my friend."I said nervously,my palms feeling sweaty,why did he have such an effect on me already?I didn't even know the damn guy!