"Yeah," he answered, in a tone that was almost non convincing. "Jasmine has the dresses for the bridesmaids back home. I'll make sure to give it to you," he continued.

Jasmine had chosen me as one of her bridesmaids, with a bunch of other girls that she knows.

"Hurry up guys, the flight is soon!" My dad called from the car. I was excited to finally be heading back home.

_______________________________

When we got off the flight, we went to dinner. By the time we had gotten to my house, it was already 11:00.

"I'll see you tomorrow Ty, alright?" I smiled, ruffling his hair.

"Yup, goodnight Y/n!" he said, pulling me into a quick hug .

When I got to my room, I unpacked all my stuff. I was extremely tired after a long day, so I decided to go to sleep.

I went to sleep for a few hours, only to be woken up by my phone ringing. I picked up to see Tyler calling. And it was 4 AM. That's late, even for him.

"What is it Tyler?" I asked tiredly, and quietly, making sure nobody in my house could hear me.

"Please come over," he sounded almost as if he were crying.

"Tyler? Are you alright?" I began to suddenly wake up from my tiredness.

"I just need you right now," he sniffed.

"Okay, I'll be there in a second."

I tip-toed down the stairs as quiet as possible, hoping not to wake anyone. I opened the door slowly, and closed it behind me.

When I got to Tyler's house, I lightly knocked on the door, hoping he would open it instead of one of his parents.

He did open it quietly, and stepped aside to let me in.

I noticed how his eyes looked tired, and it looked like he hadn't gotten any sleep for a long time.

"What's wrong?" I whispered.

"Let's go to my room, I don't wanna wake anybody," he whispered back.

We went up the stairs and entered his room. He closed the door, and sat on the floor. I sat next to him with a concerned look on my face.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"It's just- confusing," he replied, rubbing his forehead. "I just don't get it. I don't know what I want to do in life," he sighed, looking down.

"How long have you felt like this?" I questioned him. He finally managed to look up at me, and all I could see was sadness in his brown eyes.

"Ever since you left, I've just felt lost," he explained.

It was extremely quiet in his house, so we could hear each other breathing. I could tell he was trying to hold back tears, as was I because seeing Tyler sad only made me sad too.

"I don't get it," he repeated. "What's the purpose? What am I here to do?"

"Well, I could mention how you have the most beautiful voice. And how you can write the most meaningful lyrics ever," I told him, scooting closer and lying my head on his shoulder to comfort him.

"But I don't want people to just hear my songs. I want them to be listened to," he sighed. "And I'm scared nobody will listen."

"Tyler, everyone will listen," I said.

"I don't know."

"Show me a song you've written. One that you haven't showed me already."

"Okay," he whispered, getting up and going through a ton of papers on his desk. I saw him take out a blue journal with his name on it. He handed it to me. "You can look through some of it," he told me.

I skipped through the pages, reading some of the words, and noticed how sad all the songs seemed. I stopped at one page.

'Prove Me Wrong,'

I read some of the lyrics.

'Cause I, oh yeah I believe in love

And I hope I can show you what I mean

And I don't believe love's for me

so won't you come around and prove me wrong?'

"I- I love it," I said quietly. "Who's this one about?" I asked him, turning around the journal so he could see.

"I wrote that one when you left," he said.

"Tyler, it's amazing. You should really make use of your talent." I said, amazed.

"But how? Where do I start?" he asked me, confused.

"Well, one of your best friends plays the drums. You can sing, play the ukulele and the piano," I told him.

"So like, a band?" he asked.

"Yeah," I replied.

"I like that idea," he finally smiled. "Thank you for being here for me."

"I'll always be here for you," I smiled back, moving closer to him.

"Hey um- remember when I said I need you more than anyone?" he stuttered.

"Yeah?" I replied, confused at where he was going with this.

"Well, I do need you," he said, putting his hands on my chin to move my head closer to his. "More than anyone, darling."

He slowly leaned in, and I felt his lips press against mine. I felt butterflies in my stomach as he kissed me. I never thought we'd kiss again.

He pulled away and smiled, and I could only smile back.

A/n: whooooa that was a long chapter lol