Chapter 4

Tyler's POV

"Hey Thomas. What's new with you?" I say not really caring what his answer is. "Oh, you know. The usual. I just crushed this girls heart. She went running to the girls bathroom. She is such a coward." He says raising his hand to get a high five from his friend standing next to him. The person gives him the high five and says something like "Yeah, that is so cool."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. How could they ever think this was funny? How could they ever think this was cool?

"She's a girl. No one ever wants to have their heart broken." I say. My inner self keeps me from saying anything more. I needed to be in this group. I couldn't let myself be unpopular. "Chill out, man. What has even gotten into you? Are you starting to turn on us?"

"No I just think-" I start to say but Thomas intterupts me.

"You think that I am some pathetic kid? Because if you are, you can be kicked out of this group in a second." He threatens.

"No. I wasn't thinking that."

"Good because if you were, I can make sure you will be eating lunch with the nerds." He says only inches away from my face with a scowl on his face. When you hang out with the nerds, you are on the bottom level of popularity. I could never do that.

"That girl is probably crying her eyes out right now" Thomas says to his friend who laughed at this.

Worry has now washed over my face. What if it was Audrey? What would she even do if it was her?

"Who is it?" I say more as a demand rather than a question. "Why do you even care? It's just a nobody." He says.

"Who is it!?" I say with more force in my voice. "Look who is worried about the girls feelings." He says in a baby tone. "Thomas there's a party at Miranda's house and if we leave now we can probably make it." I hear a new friend come up to Thomas and say. Miranda was one of the popular girls. Of course he would want to go. "Yeah just give me a second here."

"Look I hope this information I am giving you, will be for something useful." He says. "It's that weird kid with the glasses. I think her name is Audrey." He says.

"Now put this information to good use." He says. I now what he wants me to do. He wants me to hit her. I am never going to do that again. But I could never tell him that.

"Oh, it will." I say, sprint to the girls bathroom.

I grab the handle of the door but it wouldn't move. She must have locked it. I shake the door hoping it would open. "Audrey!" I yell and bang on the door. How in the world was I supposed to open this door? It was impossible without the key.

"I can't." I hear a faint voice say. It was coming from the other side of the door. What was happening. What was she talking about? "Hold on, Audrey!" I say panicking. I try to push down the door like in the movies, but it doesn't budge. I was desperate now. I had to think. What could I use to get on the other side of the door? I looked down to the floor and see something silver. If you were not looking closely you would just pass by it. It seemed to be in the right place at the right time.

I picked up the Bobby-pin.

Flashback

We will never be able to sneak out of this house, Ava. Leslie always locks the door when we have to go to bed. I sigh and jump onto the bed, burying my head in the pillow.

Ava walks over to my bed and sits on the side. "Who says we can't get through the door?" I look up at her and raise my eyebrow. What was she planning? "What is your plan then?" I say unsure if I want to know the answer.

"This." She says. She shows me a Bobby-pin.

"And exactly how is that going to help?" I say.

"Come here. I will show you. When you have a Bobby-pin, you can get into anywhere." She says with a smirk on her face.

Flashback

I push out all the other memories of Ava and focus on getting the door open. I hear a click and I push the door out of the way.

Audrey was almost unconscious on the floor. I could see the blood oozing out of her on her arms. There was glass in her hands. This was all happening so fast. I was the cause of this. How could I not see this coming? She couldn't die. If she did, I would be a murderer.

I rush to her side. What can I do?

"Please don't leave me! Remember Audrey! You have to! Remember all the good things in your life! Remember Ellie, and Kyle! They love you. Please remember! You have to live for me!"

I was sobbing now. How could I be this person? How could I watch her go into this dark place? How could I not do something? She had slipped out of her conscienceness and now was laying by my side.

"Somebody Help!" I yell, hoping someone would come. Luckily someone did. An english teacher that I have seen around school came in and saw Audrey and me. "Anthony! Call 911!" She called out to one of the teachers.

She turned to me and sat down next to me. "Everything is going to be fine."

I wish I could believe her, and tell myself that it will. But I couldn't. Instead I just nodded my head.

..........

A/N

Awwww :( I feel bad for Tyler.

I had a snow day today again so I was able to get another chapter up. And it is a long one! Who do you think Ava is? Please comment and tell me who you think she is! Also please comment and tell me if you like this book.

I hope everything is going good for you guys!

Bye, Bye!