The Begining

This book was inspired by the movie "Groundhog Day". For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's a movie about a guy (Tom Hanks) who gets stuck on a single day over and over until he gets it all right. Feel free to give me feedback at any point too.

It was a day just like any other day. I woke up at 7:30am, got dressed, had my breakfast (cereal as usual), brushed my teeth and sat down to watch some TV. It wasn't until about 10am that I realised it was my birthday. My 16th birthday. As if by magic my parents came out of nowhere with a huge present. Still confused as to how I forgot my own birthday, I unwrapped the present to find a black, wooden box.

I looked at the box then at my parents then at the box again.
"What is it?" I asked my parents
"It's a puzzle box," replied my dad, "your real present is inside."
"Thanks then?" I said confused.

I examined every inch of the box three times over and found absolutely nothing. Literally nothing. Apart from a hole big enough to house a pin. So naturally I went over to my mum and asked, "Do we have any pins anywhere?"
"Why do you need a pin?" Replied my bewildered mum.
"It's the first part of the puzzle box." I answered.
"Oh ok, in that case there should be some in my sewing box." She said confidently.

I decided to go upstairs to look for my mum sewing box.

After about an hour or 2 of looking through every part of my parents bedroom I found the illusive sewing box. Inside a pin cushion no bigger than my fist with 8 pins stuck in it. That's it. 8. I took 2 out of the cushion, both were broken. I sighed to myself and took a 3rd. It wasn't broken so I ran, no sprinted downstairs and began looking for the box.

As soon as I found it I ran the pin into the hole and the outer shell fell off. I sighed to myself to find a iron ball bearing in a maze that covered the whole box. I gave up instantly and finished off the day.